OT - Barbados, yeah or nay?

A friend wants me to go with her to look at some property available on Barbados. Your thoughts, travel experiences appreciated.
Steve

I don't know about Barbados but if it's anything like Aruba be careful.

Delightful place. Many residents find the ocean breezes make air conditioning unnecessary. Local rum drinks are superb but local cooking is not very attractive (or was not when we visited.) We were also robbed (articles taken from the hotel balcony.)
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

We like Barbados. It's still part of the United Kingdom and has the oldest stable government of any of the caribean islands. Still you should make sure you are getting value for the price.
Steve B wrote:

You want advice on whether to travel with a woman to an exotic Caribbean island and spend a couple of romantic nights?
Are you insane?

DO NOT walk in water where it is not marked for beaches. Sea urchins. Used to be the case decades ago anyway. Then again, maybe that was Aruba.

FWIW, today is the anniversary of Barbados getting its independence from Britain. Don't remember what year and I am too lazy to go back to the "Today in History" part of the local Fishwrap.
On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:23:27 -0800, Steve B wrote:

A word of warning for tax purposes. Is your trip truly for investment purposes or pleasure? You will not be able to write off the trip if you spend 5 days on the beach and 1 or 2 days looking at property. Additional trips must also be primarily business related to the property, inspection, improvements, repairs, and an overwhelming majority of the time there must be on these activities.
Mike D. Tax preparer

I think the situation may have resolved itself. She watched a very graphic program about drugs and gangs, particularly in the Caribbean. Also, our other friend has given her one of her two weeks in Kauai. I think the Barbados she saw was the nice touristy areas, and she didn't really get off the beaten path.
Steve