OT - Bank of America

Page 5 of 5

Makes me wonder what's going on.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

new laws were passed that kick in soon, so they have to make all these changes before the effective date so that the changes would be grandfathered in, or some changes are necessary because of these new laws (increased minimum payments, etc).
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Where have you been????

It's getting close to year end and the bewitching hour approaches...

I'll have to do some looking. Good advice.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Only 27%? They must like you. I have/had a $42,000 limit on mine with a zero balance. I got a letter raising my interest rates to 37%.
I closed my account last week, you can too.
How do I close my account? We are sorry to hear that you want to close your account. We are constantly looking for ways to make banking work for you in ways it never has before and would like to know how we can make this happen for you. Please call us at 1.800.622.8731 or send us an e-mail if we can assist you in any way.
To close your account, please submit your request in writing to Account Closure, FL1-300-02-07, 4109 Gandy Blvd Tampa Fl 33611-3401. Be sure to have all account owners sign the letter and tell us how you would like to receive your balance.
Curly wrote:

They got that last sentence right.
They never scr...ed us so well.
I hope you demanded a cashers check for 0.00 to be sent certified?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

There was a c/c, which I can't think of the name right now. It was for commercial accounts only. My brother had them with a $25,000 limit. He got a similar letter earlier this year, he didn't have a balance. When he inquired, he was told it was because people couldn't pay their c/c's. An oxymoron reply at it's best. If someone can't pay when the rates were 7-3/4%, how would they pay @ close to 30%?
He recently told me the c/c company went under. Maybe someone here knows which one it was.
On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 21:31:25 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

stock company. I saved it. Too much trouble to try to cash or deposit.

Find a good credit union. I have been with the same one since 1958. Use a debit card. If I don't have the money to cover what I want I do without. It's a combination check or debit card and I have never been charged for anything with them. WW