OT: Bad advice for DIY projects

"A Miami Gardens [Florida} woman who wanted to enhance her buttocks was severely injured by a self-proclaimed doctor who injected her with a mix of toxins and sealed it up with glue."
"Morris, a self-proclaimed doctor, injected a concoction of “fix-a-flat’’ — cement, mineral oil and Super Glue — into the woman’s buttocks, police said."
Caution: Photo is NOT the victim:
<http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/11/18/2509172/doctor-accused-of-injecting-womans.html
Add pictures here
βœ–
Oren wrote:

<http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/11/18/2509172/doctor-accused-of-injecting-womans.html Hi, Very deserving for their ignorance. Up here in Vancouver a self proclaimed healer w/o any medical knowledge or training gave a woman high dose of Arsenic repeatedly causing here become quadriplegic. Big candidates for Darwin awards.
Add pictures here
βœ–
harry wrote:

Some do. They married them.
Also, it's a cultural thing. A couple of years ago I read where Australia had run completely out of 1,000cc breast implants. Had to import container loads from the U.S.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Andy comments
Fortunately, we had a surplus of the smaller sizes........
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Nov 22, 8:14 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Maybe his choice of sleeping locations explains why he gets run over every 30 seconds.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Maybe his choice of sleeping locations explains why he gets run over every 30 seconds.
That's funny ... but almost happened to me. I was stationed at Fort Hood, Tx in the 70s and was given Principal Automotive Equipment Operator ( truck driving ) as an MOS. I took a bunch of troops out to the field for maneuvers and it was to be for a few days. I was into astronomy at the time and the sky was so clear and full of stars that you could hardly find the Big Dipper. I picked a spot with a good view of the sky, rolled my sleeping bag out and enjoyed an hour before falling asleep. I awoke to some huge commotion, lights and engines roaring and guys screaming at me. Unbeknownst to me the spot that I had chosen between the trees was the same that a truck convoy had chosen as a road. I'm just glad that the lead driver had his eyes on where he was going at that moment. They stopped about 20 feet before running me over.
Add pictures here
βœ–

If you had gotten run over would the official cause of death have been listed as Friendly Tire?
Add pictures here
βœ–

We had a local case here where a guy camped out...well, unrolled his sleeping bag.. and got run over by one of those big farm tractors. Unfortunately the spot he picked was a field entrance and he was hidden in the grass.
Harry K
Add pictures here
βœ–
Agree, that sounds like a DIY gone wrong.
There was one, years ago. woman thought she wasn't beautiful, so she injected cooking oil into her cheeks. More, and more. Really inflated herself a lot.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

One of the customers where my wife works is a painter. Somehow he screwed up one of his tools and had paint injected in his hand, filling his arm with paint. They had to leave it open so it would drain. A real mess and they don't know if he'll ever work again.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I see a chance for another Stephen Gass ...
--
Best regards
Han

Please no! The world doesn't need a, government mandated, $3500 paint roller.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Exactly ...
--