OT auto glass cleaning

Page 3 of 3
On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 11:14:08 -0600, SeaNymph

I'll bet it is - just a lot better microfiber than the junk you bought as microfiber.
On 2/14/2016 1:11 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Ah...maybe that's it.
On 2/14/2016 10:14 AM, SeaNymph wrote:

We use a chamois for drying the vehicle. We've tried genuine chamois and "synthetic".
But, on glass, the chamois needs to be wrung BONE dry in order not to streak.

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 07:48:12 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

As soon as I read they were eyeglass cloths, I was thinking exactly this.... Trying to clean my car windows with a 3x3 inch thing.... I'm glad others posted that they make bigger ones...
When I clean my tv or monitor, I just use toilet paper and rubbing alcohol. Works fine!
On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 21:37:45 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

My daughter who does a lot of international travel - into the outer areas of Africa (currently in southern Senegal) has microfiber bath towels - something like 2ft by 4ft.
On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 03:16:06 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

You can buy generic ones a "microfiber cleaning cloths" just about anywhere, or you can pay big bucks for brand names like Norwex.
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo posted for all of us...

Once again, you are an asswipe. DAGS search or have your "other" ask at the grocery or hardware store.
--
Tekkie

On Saturday, February 13, 2016 at 9:25:28 PM UTC-5, Don Y wrote:

The only glass cleaner I use, indoors and out.
Bring plenty of paper towels.
http://static.hardwarestore.com/media/product/453092_front500.jpg
On 2/13/2016 6:24 PM, Don Y wrote:

I read somewhere that fine steel wool gets rid of the water spots on the exterior. My windows are 26 years old and the stuff on the outside won't come off with cleaners.
I've been afraid to try to polish with steel wool. Anybody tried that?
On 2/14/2016 2:20 PM, mike wrote:

Have you tried Bonami (I think "bartender's helper" is similar product)?

Juat make sure you can get rid of ALL the steel slivers or you will have a world of hurt.
On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 19:24:44 -0700, Don Y

I found using an old worn out bath towel and plain water and elbow grease worked best of all.
Any cleaning agent used leaves deposits which collect dirt and dust or condensation in the future.
The old towel has a surface finish which removes stubborn grime from glass.
Ross