OT - Are There Various Levels Of "Not Allowed"?

I was at an Amtrak station this weekend. One of the pre-recorded announcements concerned carry-on baggage.

"All bags must be stowed in the overhead bins. Bags are not allowed on the floor or on the seats, especially in those areas designated for our handicapped passengers."

Wait, what?

Does that mean that they are less not allowed on the fllor or seats in other areas of the train? Perhaps only slightly not allowed in some areas and mostly not allowed in others?

It seems to me that once you tell people that something is "not allowed", that really ought to pretty much cover the topic. Leave it at that and move on.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I thought the overhead bins were where you *stowed* handicapped passengers.

What do you you call a man with no arms and no legs on an airplane? Carey Ahn.

Reply to
Neill Massello

What do you expect from the government, common sense?

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Well yeah. Then there's the whole set of special exemptions for the under-privileged, the less fortunate, the disenfranchised, and the under-served.

A new affirmative action regularization dictates that not only are they allowed to stow their stuff wherever they like, if they don't have nice enough stuff, the government will buy them some.

Heaven forbid the lazy slugs would have to go out and work for their stuff like the rest of us do.

Reply to
Travis Bickle

Is "Not Allowed" the name of a game? :)

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

I suspect that inconsiderate regular passengers see an unoccupied handicapped seat as their domain and throw their excess crap there. Same as parking lots.

Reply to
Tekkie®

the floor or on the

other areas of the

llowed in others?

", that really ought

Wouldn't an "inconsiderate regular passenger" see any unoccupied seat as their domain? Would they leave the non-handicapped seat next to them open and put their stuff on the handicap seat 4 rows up just because it's a handicap seat?

The rule states that "Bags are not allowed on seats". A handicap seat is a seat. It seems like a pretty simple, all-encompassing rule to me.

Reply to
DerbyDad03