OT apparently every cell phone could get FM

http://freeradioonmyphone.org/
Today’s smartphones already have an FM receiver! This means that all listeners would have easy access to radio for the entertainment they love and information they need, but wireless carriers are dragging their feet and won’t activate the FM chips that are in every smartphone. FM radio doesn't require an internet connection and won't drain your phone's battery. We need your help to make sure carriers hear this message: We shouldn’t be forced to pay to stream local radio – especially in emergencies – it should be FREE and at our fingertips. TAKE ACTION today!
Mine has this, but I noticed that a lot don't.
Poncharello did the commercial for this, because he knows about CHIPS.

Another page says it runs the battery down 6 times as fast to stream radio, or any audio, as it does to use the tuner and listen to FM.
On 6/6/2015 4:29 AM, micky wrote:

my music almost daily on my iPhone and it seems to go on and on. I don;t need a charge until every 4 or 5 days....though sometimes a week.

power. Recieving it over your data connection or WIFI sucks power. FM Radio requires very little power.