OT: Apology to Stormin' Mormon

Page 9 of 16
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yes. There is a 3.5" drive in this computer.

When I got my most recent computer, I didn't get an A drive reader. I've got a stand alone unit, that runs from USB drive. But never tried it out.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yes. There is a 3.5" drive in this computer.

Stormin Mormon wrote:

The BIOS of a lot of newer motherboards don't support a floppy drive, so a USB drive is the only way to use a floppy.

Ah, thanks. I didn't know that.
The BIOS of a lot of newer motherboards don't support a floppy drive, so a USB drive is the only way to use a floppy.
On Fri, 11 May 2012 08:16:23 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
I did until quite recently. The oscilloscope I used had only a floppy disk for transfer data (slow as hell, too), so my PC at work had to have a floppy disk. I also have a floppy drive for my ThinkPad but I don't use it much.
Monday april 23, 2012. All of western NY hit with wet, heavy snow. Many schools closed. At least 5,000 people without power, due to trees and lines down. I just took a friend to college, and it was miserable, out there. On the return trip, saw two mini vans in the center ditch of the freeway. Not good.

Wow.
We're suppose to get back to back days over seventy (F) this weekend. First time since September. -- pyotr
During the summer, I take soda pop bottles. About half full of water, and put in the freezer. With the bottles laying on their side. The next day, the bottles contain ice, frozen to shape.
Fill em up at the sink, and bring with me. The bottles stay cold, longer, that way.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I used to fill a two liter bottle about 90% full and freeze it. Then I would put it and a cold bottle of Diet Mountain Dew and a 8 Lb bag of ice betwen them in a small cooler. There was just enough room left for some sandwiches on top of the bag of ice. I would use some of the ice with the Diet Mountain Dew, until it was gone. Then I started drinking from the bottle of melting ice. It would last me over 48 hours in the Florida sun, as long as I left the cooler in the shade.

Yes, I've frozen two liter bottles (half full, yada yada) and they do OK. A bit clumsy to drink from, one handed. But, they do work.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I used to fill a two liter bottle about 90% full and freeze it. Then I would put it and a cold bottle of Diet Mountain Dew and a 8 Lb bag of ice betwen them in a small cooler. There was just enough room left for some sandwiches on top of the bag of ice. I would use some of the ice with the Diet Mountain Dew, until it was gone. Then I started drinking from the bottle of melting ice. It would last me over 48 hours in the Florida sun, as long as I left the cooler in the shade.

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Pour it into a cup. I was doing it when I was flea marketing and had to stay in one spot for 12 hours at a time.

I'm usually driving the work van, when I need a drink of water.
But, that would be suitable at flea markets.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Pour it into a cup. I was doing it when I was flea marketing and had to stay in one spot for 12 hours at a time.

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Then use 1 liter bottles. :)

I do have one or two. Mostly 20 ouncers. I go through several, during the course of a day.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Then use 1 liter bottles. :)

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Then carry a half dozen in your cooler and rotate them, as they start to melt. :)

Yes, that's essentially what I do. I have also been known to fill bottles at water fountains, if I run low, during the day. Stop at the church, or other public building.
The folks at Burger King are also usually nice enough to let me fill bottles, if I buy a burger and fries. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org .
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Then carry a half dozen in your cooler and rotate them, as they start to melt. :)

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I rarely go there. The only BK sandwich I like is three menus down on the register, and the counter droids can't find it. It just isn't worth waiting for a manager to show them how to find the 'Bacon Double Cheeseburger'. :(

Oh, gosh, that's got to be rough. They probably can't sell you a half dozen chicken nuggets, either, at McD? I've heard some real stories.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I rarely go there. The only BK sandwich I like is three menus down on the register, and the counter droids can't find it. It just isn't worth waiting for a manager to show them how to find the 'Bacon Double Cheeseburger'. :(

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I only got there once a month, or less. I eat most of my meals at home. The only time I eat out is when I am away from home, and too far to wait because of my diabetes.

I hope you carry food with you at all times? I do know a fellow who is insulin dependant diabetic. The once or twice he neglected his eat, he describes a second or two of grey fog, and then his car runs into tree, or some other object.
McFood is better than having sugar dropping.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I only got there once a month, or less. I eat most of my meals at home. The only time I eat out is when I am away from home, and too far to wait because of my diabetes.

Is it time to put snow shovels away? In the North East?