OT: Apology to Stormin' Mormon

Page 6 of 16
20:17:14 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    Naw, just put the astro turf over the grass. Or just black plastic, then the astroturf. Pr just gasoline - it will kill a lot more.
    Or ... you could get a flame thrower....
tschus pyotr
--
pyotr
And, _who_ would that be?

Or ... you could get a flame thrower....
pyotr filipivich wrote:

No burn ban, and a very dry forest just inches from my property.

19:53:07 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    Wow.
    We're suppose to get back to back days over seventy (F) this weekend. First time since September.
--
pyotr
My weather has been up and down. I didn't enjoy the rain, Saturday April 21. Now it's Sunday, and I've got a cooler to repair, and a friend's car blew a brake line. Get both after church services.

Wow.
We're suppose to get back to back days over seventy (F) this weekend. First time since September. -- pyotr Go not to the Net for answers, for it will tell you Yes and no. And you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers does it take to change a lightbulb.
On Apr 22, 7:16am, "Stormin Mormon"

Sunday is a day of rest...and not of boasting!
Bob_Villa wrote:

Sunday is the first day of the week. Look at a calendar.

20:19:32 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    Yes, and ? ... it is still a day of rest for a lot of people.
tschus pyotr
--
pyotr
Mormons observe Sunday as the sabbath. Calendar, or not.

Yes, and ? ... it is still a day of rest for a lot of people.
tschus pyotr
-- pyotr Go not to the Net for answers, for it will tell you Yes and no. And you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers does it take to change a lightbulb.
Has Bank of America been lowering your credit limit? They just did mine, again. They owe me apology!
Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org

    According to who's calendar?
    Sigh - the Christian Calendar keeps the Roman "Saturn-day" as The Sabbath. (Why not? Spiritually we're all Jews.) But we hold our services on the "eighth day" the first day of the week, or as it was known amongst the Romans "dies solis" - "Sun Day".     The "important" part, IMOSHO, is that at least one day of the week, you take "off" from working, and spend it in reflection and with family. Otherwise ... "ain't no big thing, broa!"
tschus pyotr
--
pyotr
pyotr filipivich wrote:

Yes, the 'Sun worshipers' day was Sunday. Then the Catholic church.

23:30:10 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    When we were setting up the cycle of services - the Romans were not more than a motley tribe somewhere "over there". When the early Church were setting up their worship schedules, they actually just continued to use the one's they grew up with. How the Pagans (Romans) counted time wasn't really relevant.
    Still isn't, for that matter.
--
pyotr

The only change made to the pre-Christian calendar of Julius Caesar that we still use was Pope Gregory's leap year adjustment. If the year hadn't been reset for Christ it would now be ~2765 years since the founding of Rome. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_calendar
jsw

    I'm Greek Orthodox. We're currently working out the issues attendant on the revising of the Calendar in 1924. Seems that ever since the office of Imperial Astronomer was made (and left) vacant in 1453, well, we were been using the last, unadjusted calendar. But in 1924 (AD), new rules for calculating Leap Years were adopted, and the liturgical calendar was almost brought into conformity with the civil calendar.     But being Orthodox, it has taken this long just to get most people to accept the change, and there are still some who are militantly opposed. Sigh.
    One of the "problems" on the calendar is that when Julius set the "new Calendar" with the year that never ended, the equinox was on March 25 (the Start of the new year, too). By the time Constantine took the throne some 300 years later, the calendar had drifted, so the equinox was actually falling on the 21st... and you can see the problems attendant on that.
    Fnord.
--
pyotr
Bob_Villa wrote:

Who cares? You're about as smart as Roy* who trolls in all caps. You still don't understand, even when people explain things to you. Then you start sending whiny emails, like a six year old. I do love the irony of your nym. He is a loud mouthed jerk, who just got in the way of the people that actually knew what they were doing.
* Roy J Quijano Bronx, NY 10455

Bob_Villa wrote:

You pretend to be an expert, like that bullshit of using floor sweepings from Radio Shack to fix an LCD monitor. Not only that, but you did it on a newsgroup for people who have done proper electronic repairs for years. I've never seen you do anything worthy of praise, so you won't get any from me. I started repairing switching power supplies in 1987, and knew about high ESR in failing capacitors before that, when it was referred to as 'Power Factor' by the electrolytic manufacturers. I learned that in the mid '60s. Now tell everyone why I should listen to someone who thinks that a 85C rated, no name Chinese cap is the proper replacement for a low ESR 105C component like the Panasonic FM series I recommended. You started ranting & e-mailing me, showing me how useless you really are.
As far as your news:alt.home.repair group, I have built homes, installed electric, water and gas service to homes. I was told that it was impossible for a homeowner installed gas service to pass inspection on the first try, and that the pros usually failed the first two or three. It passed on the first try. The inspector was pissed, because they charged $50 every time they ran their pressure tests. The water service was fun. I had to get special permission from the city engineers to run a 3" pvc sleeve out to their cutoff box, to be able to pull the 'K' copper from the meter in the basement without having to dig the line up in the future. I've installed & repaired residential & industrial wiring & equipment up to 480V 3 phase service for a TV station. That was 'just' a 400A 480-V service, (just for the transmitter) where an arc flash could kill you before you knew what was happening, and you didn't even have to touch anything to get 3rd degree burns, or have your flesh burnt to the bones. One hand in your pocket doesn't help, because it's the heat from the arc that does the damage.
Now you are on a metalworking newsgroup where you're showing people that your just another lame wanabe troll. What tools do you have? Lathe, drill press, milling machine, shop press, welding equipment?
Show us ANYTHING you've ever done that will impress anyone on news:rec.crafts.metalworking in the least, or just go away and play with your plastic hand saw and pink drill.

Yaaaawn! Blow your our horn much? You waste a lot of words on someone you don't give a shit about...maybe you have a guy crush! Oh, I gave that monitor to my neighbor (the one with the floor sweepings) and he uses it every day. Oups! Not that it matters but I worked in a machine shop 45 years ago. I redesign NCR's before the electronic onset. Mostly Class 51/52 machines.
And, you're a google groups user? Those rank right along with AOL, and top posters.
wrote in message

Yaaaawn! Blow your our horn much? You waste a lot of words on someone you don't give a shit about...maybe you have a guy crush! Oh, I gave that monitor to my neighbor (the one with the floor sweepings) and he uses it every day. Oups! Not that it matters but I worked in a machine shop 45 years ago. I redesign NCR's before the electronic onset. Mostly Class 51/52 machines.
On Apr 27, 6:52pm, "Stormin Mormon"

legroups.com...
Does that put us in the same boat? Oh God!