OT: Apology to Stormin' Mormon

Page 5 of 16
Stormin Mormon wrote:

It softens the crud enough to remove it. It is used to remove that blue corrosion on the contacts. Spray a little on and use a small brush to remove the particles as they break loose. If the contact isn't completely corroded beyond use, it's clean enough to prevent further damage. I've seen some contacts completely cleaned by using a Q-tip dipped in ammonia and rubbed across them. I'm sure that there are better chemicals, but you can usually find ammonia base cleaners just about anywhere even if you can't find a bottle of ammonia. The other advantage is that it's cheap enough that you can use enough to do the job. A gallon is around a dollar.

That's because ammonia forms a soluble complex with many metals, not because it's a base.
jsw
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Try it on a leaking Alkaline cell then next time you find one.

You know, I'll do that. I do run across leakers, now and again.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Try it on a leaking Alkaline cell then next time you find one.

I'm hoping for a hot summer. Anyone else?
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Are you nuts? We FINALLY got a few minutes of rain in Central Florida. Even the weeds are dead & brown. The AC is running around the clock, and can't keep up. I still have to finish the repairs on my well, and fix three damaged roofs.

I'm a refrigeration repairman. I make more money when it's hot. To some people, that's considered nutso.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Are you nuts? We FINALLY got a few minutes of rain in Central Florida. Even the weeds are dead & brown. The AC is running around the clock, and can't keep up. I still have to finish the repairs on my well, and fix three damaged roofs.

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Working hard in the heat didn't bother me, before I got sick. Then I spent two years, barely able to get out of bed. I was so heat intolerant at one point that I would sweat in a 60 degree room, with a fan blowing on me.

Maybe you should write a book?
You know, I'm guessing that Michael could write autobiography that would be more interesting than most of what's on the book store racks.

Maybe you should write a book?
On Apr 20, 6:57am, "Stormin Mormon"

That's very astute of you!
Did you just call me a stute? Did you?

That's very astute of you!
I've heard that can happen after heat stroke. Sorry to hear about that. And, it helps me understand your WTF moment, when I wanted a hot summer.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Working hard in the heat didn't bother me, before I got sick. Then I spent two years, barely able to get out of bed. I was so heat intolerant at one point that I would sweat in a 60 degree room, with a fan blowing on me.

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:31:27 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

My grass isn't, yet, but it's always late (Zoyzia). I haven't turned on the AC, yet, in either house or my apartment (likely won't before I move out in a couple of weeks). I'm only a few hundred miles North of you.
" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote:

Good for you. Between the heat & humidity I need the A/C to be able to sleep. It wouldn't bother me if everything growing in the yard died.

I sprayed along the edge of my home with Roundup. Figure I don't give a hoot if anything grows there. And, the park owner has a fit if the lawn needs trimming. I figure kill it all, I don't need it.
Good for you. Between the heat & humidity I need the A/C to be able to sleep. It wouldn't bother me if everything growing in the yard died.

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'd pave my whole yard and paint it green, if I could get away with it. ;-)

09:56:13 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    Gravel - paint it green. Or astro turf.
tschus pyotr
--
pyotr
Weeds grow through gravel. Asphalt sounds good, to me.

Gravel - paint it green. Or astro turf.
tschus pyotr
-- pyotr Go not to the Net for answers, for it will tell you Yes and no. And you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers does it take to change a lightbulb.
pyotr filipivich wrote:

I'd still need 55 gall drums of Roundup. :(