OT: Apology to Stormin' Mormon

I'd have to dig up his skull first.
jsw

'shoudn't be hard. He can't have been dead THAT long, if they were alkalines... <G>.
LLoyd
Alkalines came out in the 1970s, I think? I remember buying them at Radio Shack. After Rat Shack neglected to send my $40 rebate on a cell phone, I try not to shop there any more.
I went in, one time to check a price. The pimply teen boy sales clerk wouldn't get off my ass about upgrading my cell phone. More reason to stay out of Rabid Schlock.

'shoudn't be hard. He can't have been dead THAT long, if they were alkalines... <G>.
LLoyd
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote in message wrote

They probably have been in the "Army Air Force sextant (bubble)" since WW2. http://www.celestaire.com/vmchk/Aircraft-Sextants/A-12-Sextant/vmj_estore.tpl.html
jsw

http://www.celestaire.com/vmchk/Aircraft-Sextants/A-12-Sextant/vmj_estore.tpl.html
I should make a brass plate for it "Property of Fred Noonan", Amelia Earhart's navigator whose advice she tended to ignore in favor of her intuition.
I already have a key tag for a room on the Titanic.
jsw
A friend and I had lunch at Burger King, yesterday. They have ice cream, now. Sundaes. Plain for a buck, (fudge, caramel, or strawberry) or some specialty types for 2.49. The ice cream was nearly flavorless.
The burger was OK, if I added a bit of salt and pepper.
Might be some info out there. I've got an old flashlight that belonged to my great grand father. Batteries corroded all to hell, of course.
If they were the WWII batteries, they will be carbon zinc cells.
Or a WW2 aircraft bubble sextant, which I'm NOT about to throw away?
jsw
Robert Green posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

Send it back to Duracell and get a new flashlight.
--
Tekkie

It's also been suggested, to use ammonia liquid. I have been told (by a man I trust) that helps loosen the crud. I'd not known that.
There was also post on alt survival list, that Mag will replace the light if you mail it in. They have working relationship with Duracell, Energizer, and rayovac.
I just shipped a Mag with corroded D cell Duracells, sent to Duracell. I'll write back when I hear from them.

Send it back to Duracell and get a new flashlight.
--
Tekkie

that's the best route,if the item is still made.
OR, first,soak in vinegar to neutralize the leaked electrolyte.
if the cells don't come out, then drive a long screw into the base of the battery,and pull with pliers.
IMO and experience,Duracells leak often. I won't use them any more.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
writes:

Pitch it.
BTDTGTTS
--
Dan Espen

Scott still has the bulb out of the 3D mag light. I asked last night, he'd be willing to trade his 4D mag to me, in exchange for my 3D mag. I have an older one, bought in 1998, new in the package. It came as a twin pack, with a 2AA Mini Mag. I used the mini mag, but never used the 3D mag for anything. I don't really need a 4D mag, but maybe come in handy for something, some day. Or, some day I can horse trade it with someone for something I need.
Scott isn't hurting for light, he went out and bought another LED 3D mag at Walmart.
writes:

Pitch it.
BTDTGTTS
--
Dan Espen

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Soak it in a base like baking soda & h2o?
I think they are warranted for life, send it to them and they will send you a new one.
--
If my kid couldn't draw I'd make sure that my kitchen magnets
didn't work. -Mitch Hedberg
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Soak it in a base like baking soda & h2o?
I think they are warranted for life, send it to them and they will send you a new one.
--
If my kid couldn't draw I'd make sure that my kitchen magnets
didn't work. -Mitch Hedberg
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Hopefully cause a reaction to loosen the salts, where you can push or 'bang' them out. You could also drill a hole in the batts. and use a screw and a set of vise-grips to pull the batts. one at a time. Since you sent it off to Duracell already, why did you ask?!
--
My belt holds my pants up, but the belt loops hold my belt up. I
don't really know what's happening down there. Who is the real
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Hopefully cause a reaction to loosen the salts, where you can push or 'bang' them out. You could also drill a hole in the batts. and use a screw and a set of vise-grips to pull the batts. one at a time. Since you sent it off to Duracell already, why did you ask?!
--
My belt holds my pants up, but the belt loops hold my belt up. I
don't really know what's happening down there. Who is the real
I'm open to accepting apology to Stormin' Mormon. For asking ignorant question about freeing up alkaline batteries, by adding a basic liquid.
Since you sent it off to Duracell already, why did you ask?!
--
My belt holds my pants up, but the belt loops hold my belt up. I
don't really know what's happening down there. Who is the real
On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 17:23:41 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Well, if your basic liquid is acidic, it might work. ;-)
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Some people use household ammonia and a soft nylon brush to remove the leaked chemicals.

What affect does ammonium hydroxide have on a base, like sodium hydroxide?