OT: Apology to Stormin' Mormon

Page 3 of 16

A MINOR nuisance.

There's the nuisance. If the "right" delimiter was in place those 2 quoted lines right above would not have been in my reply. (Of course I normally just delete extra stuff anyway.)
--
Dan Espen

Doesn't bother me, any.
I know nothing about this. Just followed apparent conventions. I've tacked my name below a post forever, using the double dash prefix. Just copied a convention I saw. Nobody ever complained, but something I saw in this thread made me wonder if that's a nuisance for some. Is it?
--Vic
noise.

Rules?
We doan need no steeenking rules!
Steve ;-)
I paid good money for an argument, and you bloody blighter aren't going to short me out of the rolling good knock down, that I paid for! Now gerrout, and get with it, lad!

No need to get defensive, I didn't come here for an argument, that's down the hall.

Right. And the point is: Tegger. I am, have always been, and always will be, the point.
--
Tegger

The "newsreader" reference in my reply /is/ the "client".

Well, bully for it.
Many other newsreaders/clients expect that you will supply the "-- " delimiter.
--
Tegger

Anybody know how to get some corroded Duracells out of a D size mag light barrel?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Large drill bit & drill press?

I hadn't thought of that. I suspect that would be a bit crude.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Large drill bit & drill press?

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Just a little messy. Gut the cells, and peel the shells from the flashlight body. A method for when something can't be easily replaced.

I'm remembering the old fighter pilot jingle. Kick the tires, light the fires, first one in the air is the leader.
Gut the cells, pull the shells.... finish the stentence, some one?
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Just a little messy. Gut the cells, and peel the shells from the flashlight body. A method for when something can't be easily replaced.

Gunner Asch wrote:

Some people can't be trusted with a child's cap gun, and you want them to have blasting caps? ;-)

Uhm, does that mean you think I'd be unsafe? I think an apology might be needed?

Some people can't be trusted with a child's cap gun, and you want them to have blasting caps? ;-)

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Do you have the proper training and licenses?

Helps, if you leave in a bit more of the quoted text.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Do you have the proper training and licenses?

Oh, now

you're

telling

others

how to

post?
--
Dan Espen

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Really? It helps when everyone follows the group's posting conventions. The more I delete, the lower my name is on the list of excessive quoting.

Pitch it.
BTDTGTTS
--
Dan Espen

writes:

Or a WW2 aircraft bubble sextant, which I'm NOT about to throw away?
jsw

In that particular case, the first criminal investigation would be to identify the bonehead who left batteries IN the sextant when it wasn't in use.
Then you let him get them out -- with his teeth.
LLoyd