OT: Apology to Stormin' Mormon

Page 11 of 16
May 13, 2012 Mothers day. Went to lunch with my parents.
Mom hasn't seemed happy for the last several years, but she was there, and she was almost pleasant.
Dad seems to be doing very well, after his heart valve replacement. He's walking, looks healthy, and is pleasant to chat with.
Nifty! It sure is nice to hear some of the stories behind the movies.
In the early 80's I wrote assembly for an HP 1000 minicomputer, Arthur C. Clarke's inspiration for HAL since a fan had given him one. It controlled a custom machine vision station.
jsw

At a party a cryptologist congratulated Clarke for letter-shifting IBM into HAL. He didn't admit he hadn't noticed that and the name was a combination of the Heuristic and ALgorithmic programming methodologies instead.
jsw
Oh, my gracious. I used to do shift cyphers, and some others, when I was a kid. That's a real blast from the past. Thank you. I'm glad you mentioned that.
At a party a cryptologist congratulated Clarke for letter- shifting IBM into HAL. He didn't admit he hadn't noticed that and the name was a combination of the Heuristic and ALgorithmic programming methodologies instead.
jsw
Flames directed in my direction should be half flames, now.
"Yo...... a.... fu..... mo......"
Also acceptable: "....re ....a ....king ....ron"
Please refrain from flaming me, or at least meet me half way.

Well, basically, he met us half-way. Doesn't that count for something? I think so.
--
Tegger

On 4/9/2012 12:12 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

I didn't realize he was top posting. I would go to one of his replies, scroll down and see nothing, so I thought he just didn't know how to post or something. I just filtered him because I thought he was an idiot and I was tired of seeing blank posts! If he is a top poster, he will stay in my filters, anyway. Can't stand rude people.
--
Robert Allison
New Braunfels, TX

At times, it is convenient, particularly when one is familiar with the thread already or snips enough to make it trim. And a top poster who posts a religious cult sig, well, that's just over the top.
Steve

All the rants about top posters remind me of the British movies where all dinner-table conversation stops when someone uses the wrong spoon. It's a convenient convention folks -- get over it.
Tomsic

Ah, no it's not the wrong spoon.
It's everybody walking down the street normally, and one guy doing the silly walk skit.
--
Dan Espen

We were at Dairy Queen last summer. A family was walking into the store. We were in the car leaving as they crossed in front us . The family was walking at a slow pace, which didn't really matter to us as we were not in a hurry. The mid-teenage boy was last. He did a, throw his leg as high as he could, silly walk.
We all got a pretty good laugh.
While dramatically holding a spoon straight out from himself?

Ah, no it's not the wrong spoon.
It's everybody walking down the street normally, and one guy doing the silly walk skit.
--
Dan Espen

I would ten times rather see a one sentence top post instead of someone posting 200 lines of quoted text, then their little one liner. I believe I have seen SM post more than one sentence at a time, but rarely. Sometimes, his one posters seem from a Tourette's syndrome shout-out and have nothing to do with the actual conversation.
And anyone following the post knows what has been said, and those who aren't following it can get it by reading one or two posts at the most. Now where did I put my tapioca spoon? It was here a minute ago ....................
OH, SHUT UP, WE CAN CONTINUE DINNER IN A MOMENT!!!!!
Steve ;-)
"gonjah" <gonjah.net> wrote in message

I usually enjoy your posts but I'd prefer you don't respond to mine until you learn, and practice, netiquette.
I thank you in advance for your cooperation as I know you're a good Christian and will honor my request.
God Bless You.
Jim Threagill ------------------------------------ I'll probably forget. Probably easier just to filter you, and then I won't make the mistake.

I appreciate that.
BTW: This post reflex's your true intentions. Now I KNOW you're trolling. Fortunately, most grow out of it eventually. Let me know if that happens.
God Bless You!
Jim

why would you post 20k of bullshit from other threads? It's pretty clear you did it for a reason, so do you mind explaining why? If not, welcome to my KF.

You can't figure it out?
Seemed pretty blatant to me.
--
Dan Espen

And, he got one of the very rare honest answers, on usenet.

You can't figure it out?
Seemed pretty blatant to me.
--
Dan Espen

wrote in message

oh yea, it's real clear. I'm very surprised he actually admitted it
Rare moment of candor.

oh yea, it's real clear. I'm very surprised he actually admitted it