OT Anyone know if health insurance covers adult diapers?

My aunt is covered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield. It is very good insurance. She just started using diapers. I tried to call BCBS, but they expect a patient number before they will talk to you.

Has anyone in the group tried to find out if diapers is a covered item?

Reply to
Metspitzer

Most such insurers nowadays publish on line what is/is not covered by various standard policies.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

Not likely unless she is in the hospital.

Reply to
Country

I found this:

I am still unsure if she is covered, but I passed the info along to my cousin. Hopefully Blue Cross will pay as secondary to Medicare.

Reply to
Metspitzer

What does this have to do with home repair? Try: soc.senior.issues There are also some insurance newsgroups.

Reply to
jw

re: "What does this have to do with home repair?"

Preventative Maintenance.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yea you're right. If it was

Getting shit stains that ran down leg out of carpet

it would be OK.

Anyway, did you expect to find an on topic when the subject was led with OT? OT is for Off Topic.

Reply to
Red Green

re: "Getting shit stains that ran down leg out of carpet"

Thus my response:

Preventative Maintenance.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I've not read the thread but just on the chance it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere...

If your auntie is unable to handle such details on her own (and sympathies if so and this is a condition that isn't going to go away; been thru it) and you're the one responsible for overseeing about care and so on, can't emphasize enough the need to get a limited POA for health care and other actions before it becomes totally impossible to do so (and hopefully it isn't already).

--

Reply to
dpb