OT Anyone know if health insurance covers adult diapers?

My aunt is covered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield. It is very good insurance. She just started using diapers. I tried to call BCBS, but they expect a patient number before they will talk to you.
Has anyone in the group tried to find out if diapers is a covered item?

Most such insurers nowadays publish on line what is/is not covered by various standard policies.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Not likely unless she is in the hospital.

I found this: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1491992/get_diapers_covered_by_your_health.html?catp
I am still unsure if she is covered, but I passed the info along to my cousin. Hopefully Blue Cross will pay as secondary to Medicare.

What does this have to do with home repair? Try: soc.senior.issues There are also some insurance newsgroups.
On Oct 25, 6:10am, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

re: "What does this have to do with home repair?"
Preventative Maintenance.
snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote in

Yea you're right. If it was
    Getting shit stains that ran down leg out of carpet
it would be OK.
Anyway, did you expect to find an on topic when the subject was led with OT? OT is for Off Topic.

re: "Getting shit stains that ran down leg out of carpet"
Thus my response:
Preventative Maintenance.
Metspitzer wrote:

I've not read the thread but just on the chance it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere...
If your auntie is unable to handle such details on her own (and sympathies if so and this is a condition that isn't going to go away; been thru it) and you're the one responsible for overseeing about care and so on, can't emphasize enough the need to get a limited POA for health care and other actions before it becomes totally impossible to do so (and hopefully it isn't already).