OT, Any Willie Nelson Fans?

This cracked me up because I remember those days. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Probably the last time he shaved and wore a tie.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I do enjoy his music. Don't know much about his real life, or anything like that.

Interesting to see him at a younger age. I didn't recognize him, glad he sang. I recognized the voice.

. Christ> This cracked me up because I remember those days. ^_^

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Damn, I love Willie.....can't be 50 years. Already.

Reply to
Norminn

Big fan here. His singing voice got much better later in life. Never made enough money to buy a new guitar tho. :-) One of my favorites -

willshak

Saw him a couple of month ago. He is playing in town sometime in next few weeks.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

He had a new guitar but the IRS took it ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

September 25; Carmel, IN; $188-452.

Reply to
Norminn

If not for Willie and the "outlaw" thing I'd be listening to Krafwerk.

Thank you Willie!

Reply to
Bo Dacious

We saw him at Hoosier Park and IIRC it was something like $45. I have seen a couple of Palladium shows and I wasn't terribly impressed with the acoustics given the amount of money they allegedly spent.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Good one! :-)

Reply to
willshak

In news:l018nb$oph$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, The Daring Dufas belched:

damn, that doesn't look like the Willie I saw at many 4th of july festivals back in the day

Reply to
ChairMan

Its like a cross between Ed Sullivan and Willy Nelson.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Wellllllllll....my daughter, being an all-star ticket shopper, got tickets last night for herself, her hubby and us. Daughter has been invited on-stage at a couple of concerts, most notably at a Beach Boys concert, whereupon Glen Campbell asked her if she'd like to travel with them. So long ago.

I've never attended a live concert, so being up front for W.N. will be awesome....Roll me up and smoke me when I die :o)

Reply to
Norminn

The concert at HP was great. He went straight through for about 2 hours including encores. I would think it might be even better given the Palladium's MUCH more intimate settings. Thinking about maybe seeing Steve Winwood there.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

I recall hearing of a rock musician mixing his father's ashes with the dope he was smoking as a way to honor his dad. Now some other musician must come up with something more bizarre and outrageous than that. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

clipped

Rumor was that Keith Richards did so....explained in his autobiography, but I don't recall the discussion now. I'm sure he denied smoking dad, but I suspect there were days that he didn't know what he was smoking.

When I researched W.N. online, I discovered that he has written several books....will have to check them out. Richards was decently honest in his book, IMO. I'm not a real rock "fan", but have read about a few. David Crosby might have been the wildest drug user, freebasing on a commercial plane flight. I started reading Craig Ferguson's book, but it was the same old story...use/bust/lose/recover. I like Craig. I love Willie....I may forget how old I am :o)

Reply to
Norminn

Ain't no Justin Bieber, fer sure ... I can thank you for posting the video; impressed my daughter enough (actually, shocked her - she is young) to buy tickets to his concert! Woooooooohoooooooooo!

Reply to
Norminn

Old people were once young people. ^_^

TDD