OT, Any Willie Nelson Fans?

Page 1 of 2
This cracked me up because I remember those days. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1bXdXWEKaE

TDD
On Mon, 02 Sep 2013 00:46:12 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Probably the last time he shaved and wore a tie.
I do enjoy his music. Don't know much about his real life, or anything like that.
Interesting to see him at a younger age. I didn't recognize him, glad he sang. I recognized the voice.

Damn, I love Willie.....can't be 50 years. Already.
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Big fan here. His singing voice got much better later in life. Never made enough money to buy a new guitar tho. :-) One of my favorites -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jfBxfltYD0

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Saw him a couple of month ago. He is playing in town sometime in next few weeks.
On 9/2/2013 12:12 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

September 25; Carmel, IN; $188-452.

We saw him at Hoosier Park and IIRC it was something like $45. I have seen a couple of Palladium shows and I wasn't terribly impressed with the acoustics given the amount of money they allegedly spent.
On 9/2/2013 1:00 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Wellllllllll....my daughter, being an all-star ticket shopper, got tickets last night for herself, her hubby and us. Daughter has been invited on-stage at a couple of concerts, most notably at a Beach Boys concert, whereupon Glen Campbell asked her if she'd like to travel with them. So long ago.
I've never attended a live concert, so being up front for W.N. will be awesome....Roll me up and smoke me when I die :o)

The concert at HP was great. He went straight through for about 2 hours including encores. I would think it might be even better given the Palladium's MUCH more intimate settings. Thinking about maybe seeing Steve Winwood there.
On 9/8/2013 11:23 AM, Norminn wrote:

I recall hearing of a rock musician mixing his father's ashes with the dope he was smoking as a way to honor his dad. Now some other musician must come up with something more bizarre and outrageous than that. O_o
TDD
clipped

Rumor was that Keith Richards did so....explained in his autobiography, but I don't recall the discussion now. I'm sure he denied smoking dad, but I suspect there were days that he didn't know what he was smoking.
When I researched W.N. online, I discovered that he has written several books....will have to check them out. Richards was decently honest in his book, IMO. I'm not a real rock "fan", but have read about a few. David Crosby might have been the wildest drug user, freebasing on a commercial plane flight. I started reading Craig Ferguson's book, but it was the same old story...use/bust/lose/recover. I like Craig. I love Willie....I may forget how old I am :o)
On 9/8/13 7:48 PM, Norminn wrote:

Ozzie Osborne might compete with Crosby on the druggie scale.

He had a new guitar but the IRS took it ;-)
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Good one! :-)
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

damn, that doesn't look like the Willie I saw at many 4th of july festivals back in the day
On Mon, 02 Sep 2013 00:46:12 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Its like a cross between Ed Sullivan and Willy Nelson.

Ain't no Justin Bieber, fer sure ... I can thank you for posting the video; impressed my daughter enough (actually, shocked her - she is young) to buy tickets to his concert! Woooooooohoooooooooo!
On 9/10/2013 7:04 AM, Norminn wrote:

Old people were once young people. ^_^
TDD