OT: Another sure sign of a country in decline

Page 8 of 8
On Monday, November 2, 2015 at 7:11:25 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The idiot officer flipped the chair over and could have killed the stupid kid on the hard tile floor. The kid was an idiot and perhaps mentally ill, and was completely disrespectful, but she posed no actual danger to the officer, so you don't risk killing her. You zip-tie or handcuff her arms behind her back and then drag her out of the room.
On 11/4/2015 12:49 PM, Davej wrote:

Hey, since a punch in the gut is no real danger, how about I punch you a few times, just for grins?
Ashton Crusher posted for all of us...

Not nice to say "you folks" I am my own person. What if I say you folks are a member of the idiot class (on second thought it may be true) You folks want to control what everyone else thinks or does. It goes great until YOU violate the protocol. Then you folks have another member.
You can have your opinion but don't put anyone else under your boot.
--
Tekkie

On Monday, November 2, 2015 at 7:15:26 PM UTC-5, Ashton Crusher wrote:

First, he's the sheriff, not the police chief, so there is another give away that you really haven't bothered to read and get the basic facts right. Second, I do pay attention to the facts and I saw the sheriff interviewed twice and asked what the correct procedure would have been. Both times he didn't even attempt to explain what the correct procedure was. He's like you: "We'd prefer if the school just handled this and not call us". THAT doesn't answer the question. And why won't the school handle it? Does the teacher want to be the one that's fired? The assistant principal? Why would they do anything at all in the new America, where they will be branded a racist thug? So, instead, after a long attempt to get the 16 year old (not 12 year old) to comply, they called the police. If the teacher or assistant principal had done something, why then you libs would be saying "what's wrong with them?, why didn't the just call the police? That's why cops are now staying in their cars instead of getting involved. Ask Coomy, Obama's FBI director, who said so just a few days ago.
Here's your sheriff:
"What she does is not what I'm looking at; what I'm looking at is what our student resource officer did," Lott said.
How nice, don't look at what the girl was doing, which was apparently striking the officer, only look at one side. Welcome to the new America.
And again, time to do some reading. Police, enforcing the law and dealing with a perp that is resisting arrest , have powers that a parent at a dinner table do not. The correct comparison there would be if the parents called a cop, the cop tried to get the child to cooperate, detain the child, arrest the child, etc.
I would not be one bit surprised that this was all a setup. Girl doesn't like the teacher, gets together with a buddy to film it, pulls this crap to have her 15 mins of fame and collect $100K.
Per trader_4:

My current personal favorite is an observation I made a few weeks ago: Was buying cat litter at the local supermarket on the fringe of what is possibly one of the highest-income areas in the country: Philadelphia's "Main Line".
The unit price of the "Large Economy Size" boxes was $.53/pound.
The unit price of the much smaller boxes was $.50/pound.
And, obviously, the "Large Economy Size" was selling....
Scary.
--
Pete Cresswell

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per trader_4:

My current personal favorite is an observation I made a few weeks ago: Was buying cat litter at the local supermarket on the fringe of what is possibly one of the highest-income areas in the country: Philadelphia's "Main Line".
The unit price of the "Large Economy Size" boxes was $.53/pound.
The unit price of the much smaller boxes was $.50/pound.
*** Well look at it this way if person need to make separate trip to market/store it will cost him/her much more then .53C/# and if you car is park on street you do not want to move it. I have being in Philadelphia many times and looking for parking is not the funn.****
And, obviously, the "Large Economy Size" was selling....
Scary.
--
Pete Cresswell

Per tony944:

I would like to think that people actually think that through...
But the small boxes were just about half the size/weight as the "Economy" size boxes....
--
Pete Cresswell

Lots of times "the deal" is not as good as you think. If you go to Costco and buy those big bundles of paper towels, you assume that must be a deal but if you catch a sale at the supermarket it can be 40% less per roll. (same towel)
On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 6:30:16 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

+1
I've been saying that for a long time. If you have to buy an item today, then generally Costco or similar will be less expensive than buying it at the supermarket. But if you buy it when it's on sale, which for many of those things is every other week, then it's cheaper at the supermarket. Here in NJ, HagenDaz or Ben/Jerry's ice cream is on sale at the local Shoprite almost every single week, one or the other for $2 or $2.50. Who buys it for $4 the rest of the time, IDK... And you can buy 4 per flavor.
On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 1:19:46 PM UTC-4, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

I see that here occasionally too. Usually it's when they have something on sale. They will have the smaller size on sale, but not the large one. The unit price of the small one can be less than that of the larger one. And you're right, plenty of people don't realize it, even though the shelf has the cost per unit shown.
trader_4 posted for all of us...

No, the teacher called for the asst. principal. The asst. principal called for the SRO.
This should have never escalated to this point. The asst. principal should have cleared the classroom or preferably just pushed her & desk to the hallway and office and dealt with it there. Of course school admin & teachers are mostly ineffective in leadership and communication skills so they had to bring the SRO in.
I'm sure the SRO enjoyed being punched in the neck and that's where it all went downhill. Obviously the "lady" had poor parental supervision and was being boorish. Most likely had previous incidents. Didn't see any of the other students aiding her, just trying to hunker down and get out of the way.
Once again defiance of authority gets people in trouble and how will she spend the rest of life?
I just read where the SRO got canned. What would this story be if it happened at 1 AM. with no cameras?
--
Tekkie

On 10/28/2015 12:45 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

Wonder how he deals with *his* kids when they refuse to eat their Brussel Sprouts? :>
On 10/28/2015 4:06 PM, Don Y wrote:

Same as other responsible parents. Encourage them to protest racism, and invoke their rights.
Oh, wait, to do that the cop would have to be not home, and the kids raised by grand mother.
Guess that won't work.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

4 more days and another 250 posts. The thread that keeps on giving.