OT: Another sure sign of a country in decline

Page 4 of 8
On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 9:45:40 PM UTC-5, Robert Green wrote:

I already explained it several times. It's the new America, courtesy of you libs. When you have everyone from the president and attorney general to Black Lies Matter trying to make a racist incident out of anything they can, why would the teacher want to deal with a student refusing to comply? Why would the assistant principal? It's easier to just kick it up the chain. I would not be surprised that the school has a policy that the school employees can't touch a child and must call police. That fits in perfectly with what you libs want, with the lib agenda, with the new America. Too bad the cop didn't punt too and call his boss, that weasel sheriff so we could see what he would have done.
The same thing is going of with cops, ask Comey. They now stay in their cars, don't get out unless they absolutely have to, because they're fed up with being called murderers by the likes of BLM, which the Democratic Party warmly supports.
How ironic. You create the new America, consistent with your ideas and values, then you express surprise and bewilderment at what's happening.
Robert Green posted for all of us...

So #5 is what applies here because the actor was physically assaulting the SRO. Correct? 1 thru 4 failed to gain compliance.
--
Tekkie

On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 5:10:40 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:

lay_arch&article_id"04&issue_id010

s,

By those standards the cop sure did use reasonable means. At #3, just passive resistance, hands on tactics and chemical spray is just ified. Wonder how the libs would have liked the use of chemical spray?
<stuff snipped>

Speaking about people getting their facts wrong, it's Comey, as in:
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/executives/comey
--
Bobby G.

Robert Green posted for all of us...

I don't understand, what facts?
--
Tekkie

On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 3:27:42 PM UTC-5, Robert Green wrote:

Oh please. Your lib buddy here goes on a diatribe completely ignorant of the most basic facts in the incident, eg claiming the girl was 12 when she was actually 16 and you're going to cite my misspelling of the FBI director's name as an example of being wrong on the facts? The fact that you're reduced to citing that, speaks for itself. Good grief, you libs are a sorry lot.

Is that the best you can do? A spelling flame? <chuckle>
On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 04:58:31 -0800 (PST), trader_4

There is zero evidence for that claim. Violent crime is at an all time low except perhaps IN the schools.
On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 8:07:24 PM UTC-5, Ashton Crusher wrote:

the

ng

oom to

seen

if

ell

No evidence? Really?
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/01/us/murder-rates-rising-sharply-in-many-us -cities.html?_r=0
Murder Rates Rising Sharply in Many U.S. Cities (through Aug, this year compared to last year)
Milwaukee 76%
St. Louis 60%
Baltimore 56
Washington 44
New Orleans 22
Chicago 20
And note the source is the NY Times, not some right wing website.
Or CNN:
(CNN)—After decades of a downward trend in crime, residents in some large U.S. cities wonder if a reversal is coming.
If you live in Baltimore, you know that May, with 43 homicides, was the dea dliest month since 1972. Or if you are a Houstonian, you've probably heard that murders were up 45% through April compared to the same period in 2014.
The latest statistics in Milwaukee show a 103% spike in murders year-to-dat e compared with a year ago. In Atlanta, 41 people were killed in the first five months of this year compared with 27 in the same period last year, an increase of 52%.
The spike in killings in these major cities would be troubling in itself at any time, but it is especially troubling now, when policing practices, rac e and social policies are regularly in the news.
THAT is what Comey is talking about. What would be the motive for the FBI director to be lying?
On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 04:00:08 -0800 (PST), trader_4

One - murders are not the only form of crime Two - the rest of the hysteria is pure speculation of what the crime rate will turn out to be when the numbers are published in a year or two. As of not there is no evidence for any major chance in violent crime rate.
On Friday, November 6, 2015 at 9:35:13 PM UTC-5, Ashton Crusher wrote:

:

ch the

wrong

'm

ssroom to

ve seen

rica

u, if

er,

y well

s is

es

eir

has

-us-cities.html?_r=0

ome large U.S. cities wonder if a reversal is coming.

deadliest month since 1972. Or if you are a Houstonian, you've probably hea rd that murders were up 45% through April compared to the same period in 20 14.

date compared with a year ago. In Atlanta, 41 people were killed in the fir st five months of this year compared with 27 in the same period last year, an increase of 52%.

at any time, but it is especially troubling now, when policing practices, race and social policies are regularly in the news.

BI

Who ever said it was? Other violent crime rates are rising along with the murder rate:
From the liberal LA Times:
"After a 12-year decline, crime in L.A. surges in first half of 2015
Crime surged across Los Angeles in the first six months of this year despit e a campaign by the Los Angeles Police Department to place more officers on the streets and target certain types of offenses.
Los Angeles recorded a 12.7% increase in overall crime, ending more than a decade of declines and raising concerns about what more officials can do to reverse the trend. "

BS. Even the liberal rag newspapers acknowledge it. And we don't have to wait a year or two for the numbers, they are available right now. All you have to do is be willing to look for them.

Isn't it odd that 40 years ago not even inner city schools needed cops. Now schools in the suburbs need them. 40 years of liberal education methods......
On 11/4/2015 8:06 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

Along with parents wanting to be "friends" not parents to their children. And no one wants to follow rules and respect authority.
<stuff snipped>

Wait a minute. Didn't Trader just pronounce you a liberal? (-:
I would like to believe that TV, video games and movies played a part in changing the world, and not for the better. Remember a time when actors got shot on film but never bled? Now blood spurts all over the stage with huge globs of it swirling through the air in slow motion.
And it *really* scares me to know of several teenagers who spend every free second in a dark room playing "Call of Duty" or "Assassin's Creed." It seems senseless mass killings are a new feature of this world. I certainly don't remember any other than Whitman (brain tumor) and some idiot in NJ who went on a rampage with a Luger. My fading memory seems to recall him shooting up a barber shop - Unruh -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Unruh
Hey, I am not as senile as I thought!! Anyway, I can recall only two mass shootings in my younger days. There seems to be a mass shooting every month, and sometimes more than that.
--
Bobby G.

On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 01:26:27 -0500, "Robert Green"

Yes he did. Wondered if anyone would catch that. I'm neither liberal or conservative, simply rational.

wrote in message

You're on the books as a lib now, and maybe even a lib loon. If you work hard, you could even be elevated to "village idiot." (-:
--
Bobby G.

On Sun, 8 Nov 2015 04:44:39 -0500, "Robert Green"

So I'd be like everyone else here....

I agree. there is something seriously wrong with this country that our solution to bad parenting is to put cops in the classroom.
> >IMO, cops have no business in the class room, period.
Excellent point. I am hoping that they'll be enough of an investigation to determine why this seems to be the norm now.

Bad kids happen to good parents. Less likely, I think, but I've known enough very good parents who, for one reason or another (like adopting Russian kids) could not control their offspring, even with tons of outside help. Remember "The Bad Seed?" A great study of how the nicest people in the world could produce an amoral 12 year old killing machine.
But I don't for a minute believe that this sort of thing never happened before. It happened several times in HS where a certain trouble maker was asked to go to the principal's office. The kid jumped up, shouted "I refuse" and the class proceeded without incident. Mr. Hom was not present the next day.
I am sure had the NYC police had been summoned, he would have been encouraged to come along in the most polite way possible that involved the use of a lead sap or a night stick. Most importantly the world continued onward even if Mr. Hom met justice when it was convenient to the school administrators, and not on the spot. Let her keep her cell phone, just don't let her in the next day - or week or whatever. One thing that troubled me (not sure if it's true) is that his nickname was Officer Slam, so this may be a case of a lot of holes the in the system lining up all at once.
I watch a fair amount of METV in the background when I am doing chores and the world of the 60's and 70's is insanely different from the 2010's.
It's probably just serendipidy, but one of the greatest new modifiers of kid's behavior (IMO) is the cell phone. What was this big chair incident all about? Her cell phone. With cell phones kids can coordinate their activities, good and bad, to a degree that has changed the game. Flash mobs 40 years ago? Not likely. (-: But the chair incident had the potential to grow far worse than it did so some common sense prevailed at some point. The goal in tense school situations is almost always to de-escalate as quickly as possible. That may have even happened here by locking down the situation quickly. I'll wait for the official reports.
--
Bobby G.

On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 1:53:06 AM UTC-5, Robert Green wrote:

Typical lib. Libs created the school environment we have today. Then they express bewilderment at the results and want an "investigation". Next step is a new federal program, funded with $500 mil to solve the "problem".