OT: Another sure sign of a country in decline

Page 3 of 8
Oren posted for all of us...

He used to be in alt.hvac years ago and posted the same way. Sometimes, not often, he comes up with a pearl.
My tolerance meter has over pegged & burnt out because they don't even TRY. That's why I think "aliens" should be fluent in at least passable English. They plan and spend money to come here and depend on being propped up by us. Nobody did anything for our ancestors; they wanted to learn.
--
Tekkie

You're right, Officer Friendly should have put a bullet thru her head, then gone and killed the parents.
On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 2:06:21 PM UTC-5, Ashton Crusher wrote:

Enforcing basic order in a classroom is not a "police state". Stop lying.
The student

I've seen many reports now on this story and this is the first time I've heard that many students were doing the same thing. Sounds like the "hands up" BS in the Michael Brown incident. Where did you hear that, from Black Lies Matter? And even if the student was only looking at her phone for a couple seconds, it doesn't matter. The teacher has the authority to enforce order in her classroom and asking any student who was caught using a phone to hand it over is well within the teacher's right. The assistant principal also had the right to ask her to leave the classroom. The girl refused all those lawful requests. Probably because she wanted to make an incident out of this, knowing that the libs and race baiters will lap it up, she'll be a hero, probably collect $100K from the tax payers.

Another lie. She was 16.
"That's not the only reason that video of Richland County sheriff's Deputy Ben Fields' rough takedown and arrest of an uncooperative 16-year-old girl in Spring Valley High School raised a national uproar."
Nice job Ashton, showing what libs do.
On Mon, 2 Nov 2015 03:59:02 -0800 (PST), trader_4

Ur right, they should have put a bullet thru her frigging head. That's the way to deal with this.
Ashton Crusher wrote:

Tony Hwang posted for all of us...

Whom is going to guard the little cupcakes? The SRO was there at the specific request of the skool admin, responding to a complaint, which the admin & teacher had no idea how to handle. It's tough being on the wrong side of NO. They aren't used to it. Every classroom is a fiefdom. I'm surprised they weren't cowering in the office or found an empty classroom to wring their hands while someone else had to resolve the issue. I have seen both...
--
Tekkie

On Monday, November 2, 2015 at 8:43:15 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:

And why do the police wind up getting called? Because in the new America no one wants to be the one to handle this kind of incident. Would you, if you were the teacher? The assistant principal? Why risk *your* career, when you can get someone else to do it? In fact, the school may very well have a written policy to call the police in incidents like this. This is why in the new America, we're in a lot of trouble. Violent crime rates are now escalating across the country, because cops are staying in their cars, instead of enforcing the law. Even Coomy, Obama's FBI director has said so.
On 11/3/2015 7:58 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Nuns carried yard sticks. This type of thing never happened back then, not to this degree. It was resolved in seconds. Move on, next lesson.
Per Ed Pawlowski:

Where I used to work the guys who went through Catholic parochial school were like a little club - on break time they would swap stories about what happened to them at the hands of the nuns and the brothers.
Made my little experience of being thrown down the entire length of the aisle between desks by my biology teacher one time seem like small potatoes.
I come way thinking that some sort of corporal punishment in the hands of teachers would be a good thing. There are plenty of kids that just do not understand anything except physical force.
When I used to live in Hawaii, this was a recognized phenomenon on the West shore of Oahu: woman has a baby, baby becomes the center of all attention until the next baby comes along, from that time on the only thing the kid hears is negative re-enforcement "Stop that or I'll hit you"... So, by the time they get into the local school system they are totally unresponsive to anything except physical force.
The problem would be regulating/standardizing it.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 11/3/2015 12:21 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Some wisdom in that. Sadly, there are extremes. And the extremes get all the attention.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 11/03/2015 10:21 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Friends of mine had an Airedale, often referred to as precious puppy. Then they got a cat, precious pussy, and the dog was exiled to the cellar. A baby came along and the cat joined the dog. We we sort of wondering what would happen if she had another kid.
On 11/3/2015 9:50 PM, rbowman wrote:

Now we're up to three litter boxes in the cellar.

There's a pretty standard taxonomy when it comes to the use of force required to effect an arrest. My question is how does a simple school offense escalate to requiring police presence? I suspect there's something more wrong with that school than we currently know. Maybe we'll find out as the official investigations proceed. Police often have a hard time with passive resisters. One of the questions I remember clearly from a long ago LENF exam was "how do you arrest a suspect you've just pulled over who will not open the doors or windows?"
http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/magazine/index.cfm?fuseaction=display_arch&article_id "04&issue_id010
Table 1: Use-of-Force ContinuumSuspect resistanceOfficer use
1. No resistance 1. Officer presence 2. Verbal noncompliance 2. Verbal commands 3. Passive resistance 3. Hands-on tactics, chemical spray 4. Active resistance 4. Intermediate weapons: baton, Taser, strikes, nondeadly force 5. Aggressive resistance 5. Intermediate weapons, intensified techniques, nondeadly force 6. Deadly-force resistance 6. Deadly force
Adapted from the Orlando, Florida Police Department's Resistance and Response Continuum
--
Bobby G.

On 11/4/2015 9:28 PM, Robert Green wrote:

Teachers had their balls cut off by the ACLU. Look cross at a kid and the parent get a lawyer after you.
On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 10:19:43 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

+1
The ACLU and all the similar libs. And it's worse than just the ACLU, you have the likes of Black Lies Matter, that makes you into a racist.
Per Oren:

Well, one has to grant that at least *some* of them were people who went to jail for what Dubya did (using cocaine), Obama did (major use of weed), and Jeb did (drug dealing in college)..... Only diff was that they got caught and/or couldn't muster the money for the right legal help.
--
Pete Cresswell

Oren posted for all of us...

What kind of bear? Black, brown, polar, grizzly? Let's have a demonstration!
--
Tekkie

Oren posted for all of us...

Forgot them, but if it was one of them then that nutty professor wouldn't have yelled at the reporter. Well, second thought she probably would have b e she was having a riot.
--
Tekkie

Oren posted for all of us...

As this is just a fluke. Wait a minute wasn't that the name of the lady that had to have birth control in Oslamacare? Will they pay for a vasectomy for Uncle Balls Monster?
--
Tekkie

Oren posted for all of us...

-jail-for-overfishing-as-6000-drug-convicts-are-freed>

Sure it wasn't just his hair style?
--
Tekkie