OT: Another runaway Toyota in San Diego, unbelievable

Page 2 of 2

DA had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/OT-Another-runaway-Toyota-in-San-Diego-unbelievable-429356-.htm :

You are traveling 90MPH. Roll down your window. Can you hear YOURSELF talking? Now try to hear a cop in another car at the very least 15" away. What a joke!
------------------------------------- \//.
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 00:06:29 +0000, info_at_1-script_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (DA) wrote:

On ABC news tonight the cop said he told him to try neutral-- the reporter didn't follow up when the driver was saying he was 'standing on the brakes'.

Guess you've never been on the wrong side of a police car's loud speaker, eh? He could hear him plain enough.
My BS meter is twitching a bit on this one. . . but my mind is still open.
Jim
On Mar 9, 7:06�pm, info_at_1-script_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (DA) wrote:

ahh cops have LOUD speakers amplifiers to direct people.
I had a chevy citation run away after a mechanics mistake, its really very scary and can cause panic.
In my case I put car in neutral engine blew. garage and me negoiated they paid the amount of a used engine with 80K miles, I paid the difference for a brand new GM target engine, we quibbled minor detail costs.
can was great with brand new engine
Far too many vehicles are running away nation and world wide.
Toyota deserves what it gets, bad press lost sales and BIG lawsuits.
Toyota was aware of the troubles, ignored them and actively manipulated regulators to save recall costs.
they deserve the trashing of their company, to prevent coverups in the future!!
A toyota went thru a guardrail in a home depot parking lot, and nearly dropped over 100 feet into a ravine. gal was lucky she wasnt killed
info_at_1-script_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (DA) wrote in wrote:

the cop did use the cruiser's -PA system- to talk to the Prius driver.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 07:55:24 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

If I owned a Toyota, the first thing I'd do is completely REMOVE the gas pedal. That's the faulty part, so remove it. I can guarantee that there would not be any further problems with the car, other than possibly getting it towed to the nearest scrapyard, or converting it into a lawn ornament.
Bo Hanson

A couple of weeks ago Newsweek had an article about the Toyota problems. In it was a quote from the company that made the brake pedal assembly that was blamed for creating the problem. The assertion was that Toyota's runaways started before this company became a supplier and it was not their fault.
I can't give you more detail as the magazine went into the recycle bin.
Charlie