OT : Another Flag question

I can't find this online, and even though I did it for 7 years, I'll be damned if I can remember:

Is the flag raised at sunrise, and lowered at specific time every day?

Or

Is the flag raised at a specific time every day, and lowered at sunset?

Or, is this formality only for active duty military?

Thanks Matt

Reply to
Matt

Do a google on Flag edict, seems any more there left out all night,as long as a light is on it, its supose to be ok to leave it out in the rain, if its an all weather flag, regarding your other question and the light I have a halogen 50 watt that is in the ground, shinning on mine.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

In general civilian usage, I thought it was sunrise to sunset unless "lighted and all weather".

I wasn't in the military. Different rules may apply.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Norminn

Normally the flag is displayed between sunrise and sunset, unless properly illuminated for night display.

I don't recall anything that prescribes certain times for raising and lowering, as long as those times air within the sunrise/sunset rule.

Reply to
Hopkins