OT: Another case of we told you so...

Honduras detains 6 Syrians with fake Greek passports, 5 were headed to the USA.

When will this govt and the libs wake up? How many have to die here before we get serious about securing the border?

Reply to
trader_4

The liberals, as you call them, will never secure the boarder. It would cut off their voting base. Unfortunately, a lot of conservatives won't secure it either because it would cut off their supply of cheap labor.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Finally bipartisanship!

Reply to
Kurt V. Ullman

LOL!.....

Reply to
notbob

Funny thing then that conservatives have been trying to secure the border and enforce immigration law for years. It's always the libs that are the problem. Two recent example, Kate's Law and a law to withhold federal funding from sanctuary cities that won't cooperate with ICE. Kate's Law is a simple, common sense law that would provide for a mandatory

5 year sentence for any illegal alien who is a felon, is deported once, and illegally enters again. Every GOP Senator supports it, but Dirty Harry and the libs blocked both of those laws with a filibuster maneuver. Dirty Harry said they were "another attack on immigrants".

The cheap labor issue is a canard, used by libs. It's easily solvable with a guest worker permit program. Bush actually proposed that as part of his immigration reform. Libs killed that too. I ran into a couple of them at the time in a bar in Miami. We were talking and they said that they were using Mexicans in their restaurants. So, I asked them what they thought about Bush's plan. The response was a classic. It's "EXPLOITATION". That's right. The very skunks that are employing illegal aliens in their kitchens, think that Bush's plan to give them *legal* status, is exploitation, while what they are doing is just peachy keen.

That's why I have no use for libs.

Reply to
trader_4

Bush had seven years to do so after 9-1-1

so if he did not do it, it ain't gonna get done.

Anyway it's good to have common sense about this but no matter what happens I ain't gonna live in fear about it.

If so, then the terrorists have won...and they never ever will.

Reply to
philo

If there is a major attack here and it turns out they came in via the Mexican border, that might do it. Or after the next election, if the GOP picks up the WH and more seats in Congress. With this being a major focus of all the GOP candidates, it's going to be political suicide if they ignore it.

The problem is that the current WH and Democrats reject any and all attempts at common sense. Kate's Law is a prime example of where the problem is.

They haven't won, but as of now they are rapidly expanding and winning the attempts to eliminate or "contain" them.

Reply to
trader_4

The sad part of that is that the Feds would spare no expense going after the "people" and throwing the book at them. But when it comes to going after the ILLEGALs it's catch and release.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Going the route of "exploitation" would have increased their labor costs.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher