OT - ...and the snow begins in northern VT

few inches of light snow for today, tomorrow 2-3" per hour.
Think the Possum Van will be in drydock for tomorrow.

I know a lot of regulations are relaxed in VT, but possums shouldn't be driving in the first place. They're horrible drivers and don't wear seat belts. That's why you see them lying dead on the road after they've been ejected from the car. Very sad.
We're getting what looks to be a relatively minor ice storm on LI. How much are they predicting you'll get, Red?

I know a lot of regulations are relaxed in VT, but possums shouldn't be driving in the first place.
=========== Why not possums? Dead and/or blind people are allowed to drive in all 50 states.

But he didn't drive *well*.

Back when SNL was funny. I tape it - watch the intro- FF to the news- and delete it. [I watched all of Betty White's show- she was in every skit!]
Jim
<stuff snipped>

So true. I can watch SNL now in about 5 minutes with a DVR and FF. The only episode I missed so far *was* the Betty White one )-: so I've been watching the rerun listings to try again. Saw her in "Community" though - hilarious. Especially the blowgun and "getting dirt roaded" parts. I hope I still have my chops like she does when I am her age. I can remember her from B&W TV and "Password." She has real comic timing and like Cloris Leachman has become one of the few highly successful "grandma" comedians.
Gotta go charge up all my batteries for the coming storm of the century. Wait, wasn't that the three feet of snow we had in last year's storm of the century?
FWIW, the local news dreamed up a new weather condition. Last night, we were told to expect "ice pellets" as if some angry giant with a huge pellet gun was up in the clouds. Last time I checked those pellets were known as hail, and in this case, never materialized. It did seem to inspire more panic than usual, though.
-- Bobby G.
On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 09:12:00 -0500, "Robert Green"

but different again.
On 2/1/2011 9:15 AM, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Hell, dead Democrats vote in Chicago. :-)
TDD

Plus they need so many phone books piled-up to be able to see over the dashboard that the books themselves are a safety hazard.

In my area (Ontario), they're predicting up to 10" by tomorrow afternoon. But given their accuracy so far this winter, I think we'll get an inch.
--
Tegger

this winter, a foot or more won't surprise me at all. Then again, nor will 4 inches.

We ended up getting maybe half of the 10" they originally promised, but the wind piled it up into drifts well over a foot high.
--
Tegger

I will trade you two inches of ice for a foot of snow.

We have 2 inches ofice in North Jersey ... Anyone can come and get it.
--
Best regards
Han

What were those towers before they became twisted wrecks?
-- Bobby G.