OT - Amusing: What's This?

First two don't tell much at all. 3rd one gives a bigger picture.
http://tinypic.com/r/j7rokw/5 http://tinypic.com/r/wvamv8/5 http://tinypic.com/r/27zi1z4/5
Scroll down for the story when you're done guessing.
... ... ... . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . Word is it's a mattress that got run over. Managed to get hung up underneath. Under that mound of wire in the 3rd is the driveshaft. Who knows what really happened. Interesting pics though.
Add pictures here
✖
Red Green wrote:

Well it started out as being a blonde driver thing when i received the story last week in email. I seriously doubt it was a blonde. (probably a man) and that she drove it till it ran out of gas because the mattress wire and springs had punctured the fuel tank. Either way, it's obviously not a staged or manipulated photo. Some dumass driver actually did this to their car. Should have their license pulled.
✖

That's why I stripped all the text out of the email I got. 99% chance it was BS. But like I said, the pics of the mess are amusing.

Add pictures here
✖

I have had 2 similar experiences. I picked up a plastic grocery bag on US41 one day and it trashed the seal on the differential in minutes ... bummer
A stopped to help a guy with a 200HP outboard in the river who had run over a crab pot and it looked similar to the pictures above except it twisted up into a cone behind the prop. He thought it would come off by itself I guess and tried to keep going. Fortunately I had tools and two of us worked about a half hour with 2 pairs of vice grips and wire cutters to get that mess off his prop. Good news was he was able to go home under his own power. I told him to watch for oil leaks ;-)
Add pictures here
✖
On May 27, 2:08 am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

My son pulled in the driveway with his car smelling like something was burning. He said it had been doing all day, but he looked under the dash and hood and couldn't find anything.
I looked under the car saw a black stain and some gunk on the catalytic converter.
Turns out he ran over a plastic bag from a grocery store and it melted onto the converter. It took a few days before the smell finally went away.
Add pictures here
✖

Well at least it wasn't some road varmint BBQ'n on it.
Add pictures here
✖
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Back when cataclysmic (sic) converters were first put on vehicles there were a surprising number of grass fires started until engineers figured out that there should be a grass shield installed under the converter.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
I think I remember those days, when the cadillac converters started grass fires. We had to watch for that, when doing parking lot duty at the local fair.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I would suspect that the photographer had no model release forms from the people in the picture. While the argument could be made that this way a bona-fide news story he/she choose to be cautious.
Colbyt
Add pictures here
✖
Stormin Mormon wrote:

i wondered about that also when i first got the pictures. Perhaps they're in the mechanic protection program.
Add pictures here
✖
SSSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!! That's a good way to get yourself reported to "the bureau".
Maybe those people are'nt really auto mechanics. ;-)

Add pictures here
✖

Must be a union thing :-)
Add pictures here