OT - Amtrak Sure Doesn't Hire Mensa Members

Page 2 of 2

Yes, many times. I've travelled extensively for business over the last 35 years. Waiting at the airport with the possibility of an earlier flight is much better than sitting in a hotel room.

Damn straight I would. I've done it many times in LA, SF, Seattle NYC, Dallas, O'Hare and Denver.
I even have caught an earlier flight to a different destination then purchased a Southwest ticket to get to the final destination as I would have otherwise had to wait three days to get a direct flight (due to the current crappy airline overbooking).
On 8/26/2016 7:45 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Only if I wanted some of that $10 bottled water or a coffee shop donut for $8.95 before my flight out.
On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 2:08:25 PM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:

No, because as I stated, the train status page gives you the *new* estimated departure time specifically using the word "estimated". Adding the word "still" wouldn't resolve the issue because they would now be referring to the *new* estimated time which replaced the old one. They would "still" be telling you to arrive before the train *is* estimated to leave not *was* estimated to leave.

Then the statement should use the words "prior to the original departure time" not "prior to the estimated departure time." Once the new departure time is labeled as "estimated" you can't use the same word to refer to the original departure time because it is no longer the estimated departure time.

Maybe, but I bet they word it better.
On 8/25/2016 12:22 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Just looked at this thread as it might refer to Biden being a big Amtrak supporter. He's not a Mensa member and more like a Zika baby.