OT: Amazon Just Got On My "Sleazeball" List

Page 3 of 3
On 3/26/2016 5:24 AM, Micky wrote:

Amazon collects (not "charges") the tax for CT also, but not every order is taxed. Only if Amazon is the seller, not if they just process the order but the actual seller is third party.
Minor nitpick. People commonly say a store charges sales tax. The state actually charges the tax, the seller merely collects it for them. Thay don't like it any more than we do.
On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 11:10:16 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

...you still have the choice as a seller to pay the state tax and give the customer so-called "tax free", (add-on or included in the price).

That makes sense, and you're right. Neither item was shipped (or sold) from their location. OTOH, the DVD came from 20 miles south of here, still in Maryland. It was only $2.95 plus 3.95 shipping bu that is still 18cents sales tax they don't seem to have collected. Maybe it was included in the price?
BTW, I could have bought a new DVD from Amazon for only 4$ more, instead of the used one I did buy, but to get shipping included, I would have to put together a $49 order. Much easier to buy from someone else, though Amazon gets a cut.
BTW, they still haven't billed me for either item, and the DVD is already here. It took 36 hours. Oh, that's why this is not a good test, because neither item was shipped by Amazon!

I know. I'm just saying it the way I usually, nay always, hear it.

Spoken like someone who owns a store, but I don't think you do. Maybe someone in your family does.