OT: am I the ony one who doesn't "reach out"?

WTH. Can't anyone say "speak to", "contact", "discuss", etc. Why must everyone "reach out" to others?
On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 2:29:35 PM UTC-4, Taxed and Spent wrote:

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. Please let us know the best way to contact you so that we can discuss your question in more detail. We appreciate the opportunity to speak to you about this matter.
On Thu, 12 May 2016 11:29:29 -0700, Taxed and Spent

I've noticed that too. Even radio reporters, who ought to have a little stability, are saying it. It's amazing how quickly it has spread.
"Reach out" had a meaning, but they're ruining it. It meant and still means afaic, to make an effort to be a friend or at least to help or communicate with someone who is reclusive (presumably to hir detriment) or depressed or in trouble.
It's related to the idea of someone in a hole and the other party is reaching out his arm, his hand, so that the person in trouble can grasp it and be helped out of hir hole. It's a metaphor, but now they're trying to make it just a stupid cliche.
Taxed and Spent posted for all of us...

They want to choke their neck?
--
Tekkie