OT - allergies

I've had pollen allegies for most all of my life. Last couple days, they have really been extreme. I"m sneezing, running, blowing, more than any time I can remember. I've had to get out the bottle of prescription allergy meds that I only save for extreme moments.

Anyone else having allergy problems? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi, If you go to a health food store, there is two things, will relieve your symptom. One is A,Vogel brand product called Pollinosan, If sinus bothers you same brand Sinna nasal spray. One is Natures way brand called HAS. Heavy dose of vitamin C also helps.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Have you ever tried a teaspoon of local honey ever day? It has to be local to have the right stuff in it to combat local allergies.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

No one cares about your stupid life, you dumb wetback.

Reply to
Jerry

It gets worse in rural areas of the U.S. when the corn starts tassling. That will start in about ten days. The worst part usually lasts about three weeks. That time will be extended according to the marketing experts on one of the ag marketing shows.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

No esta wetback, sen~or!

No one cares about your stupid life, you dumb wetback.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi, Unpasteurized raw honey you mean?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Yes, the unpasteurized honey. Also it is about 2 or 3 teaspoons a day,taken before the allergy season if possiable. Even eating some of the honey comb is suspose to help. The pasteurizing may destroy some of the pollen properties. The honey should be local to the area you are in, the closer the beter.

Atleast that is what you are suspose to do if you want to give it a try. I have allergy but never tried the honey treatment.

Don't give the raw honey to very young children if unpasteurized is another warning.

This year is suspose to really be bad, but for some reason I have not had much of it this year. Maybe it is because of all the rain we have has kept the pollen out of the air that usually gets me.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

If your house has a forced air heating system, installing an electric air filter on it will remove virtually all particles from the air, including the stuff that's causing your allergies.

You have to stay indoors. As soon as you go outdoors, then you're re-exposing yourself to the allergens again. But, at least you have a place you can go where your allergies won't bother you.

And, you need to clean the filter on electric air filters periodically, as well. You just wash them off with warm water.

Reply to
nestork

Anyone else having allergy problems? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus

It is God's punishment on you for being a Mormon. .

Reply to
harryagain

It's called a "flare-up".

Reply to
recyclebinned

For the past 2-3 years I didn't need anything for that, but this year I went back to normal and now have to take 3-4 Chlortrimeton pills a day. I haven't tried Loratadine (generic Claritin), but some friends report only 12 hours of relief despite one pill supposedly being good for 24 hours. One thing about these allergy pills is that they have to be taken before the pollen attacks or else they don't work nearly as well. When I was a kid, we had a rabbit that suffered from hayfever and would sneeze often.

Reply to
do_not_spam_me

Thanks for sharing what works with you. My symptoms changed (probably inflaming Derby Dad, who says we can't add to the story after the initial post). Behaving more like a sinus infection, now.

they have really been extreme. I"m sneezing, running, blowing, more than any time I can remember. I've had to get out the bottle of prescription allergy meds that I only save for extreme moments.

Hi, If you go to a health food store, there is two things, will relieve your symptom. One is A,Vogel brand product called Pollinosan, If sinus bothers you same brand Sinna nasal spray. One is Natures way brand called HAS. Heavy dose of vitamin C also helps.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It gets worse in rural areas of the U.S. when the corn starts tassling. That will start in about ten days. The worst part usually lasts about three weeks. That time will be extended according to the marketing experts on one of the ag marketing shows.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've heard a lot of people swear by local, unpasteurized honey. I'm sure it helps, though I've not tried it.

Yes, the unpasteurized honey. Also it is about 2 or 3 teaspoons a day,taken before the allergy season if possiable. Even eating some of the honey comb is suspose to help. The pasteurizing may destroy some of the pollen properties. The honey should be local to the area you are in, the closer the beter.

Atleast that is what you are suspose to do if you want to give it a try. I have allergy but never tried the honey treatment.

Don't give the raw honey to very young children if unpasteurized is another warning.

This year is suspose to really be bad, but for some reason I have not had much of it this year. Maybe it is because of all the rain we have has kept the pollen out of the air that usually gets me.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi, My family always use raw honey from local farm near our cabin. It is not for little kids. Too strong.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Yes, those electric filters are supposed to be very good at removing allergens. I do have forced hot air furnace. Doesn't get used in AC season.

[...]

Do you have ac. They do sell self energizing filters, and there are room air cleaners. You can make homemade cleaners with these replaceable filters, like Filtrite.

Greg

Reply to
gregz