OT After a storm here in GA a stray pup has made my home hers

Anyone know what kind of dog this might be? She just started hanging out at the house. She was at the house one morning. I left for a dental appointment and when I returned she was still here. She followed me to the mail box. I left again and went to WalMart and bought her some food and water dishes.
She has been here for over a week now.
http://img831.imageshack.us/g/pax001.jpg/
-- O'Neil to General Hammond: For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.
Metspitzer wrote:

Nice looking pup. Animals don't hang around bad people.

I agree with Tony. I did home service for many years. The nice people had nice friendly dogs. The dogs that were mean had nasty owners. WW

Cute dog.. You now have anew family member<G>.

Looks like at least some beagle in her. Good looking pup, looks like part of the family now!

I am wondering how long she can hang out before she comes mine. I would hate to have her neutered and then someone come up and claim her. I put a pic out at the local store.
Metspitzer wrote:

No need to have the puppy neutered now but *DO* take her to the vet for shots, worming and a checkup. The vet will advise you as to when she should be neutered.
Afterward, just enjoy the love and devotion she will give you for the next 10-15 years.
BTW, she is a genuine, full blood mongrel. Best kind.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
Metspitzer wrote:

Dunno, but I'd put a "found dog" ad in your local craigslist. Don't include the picture, or the local tweakers will claim it to sell to a research lab for their next fix.
Anyone who lost that dog would be able to identify her, and most likely have pics to verify it.
Jon
On Apr 21, 11:06pm, "Jon Danniken"

Take the dog to a vet or local animal shelter to be scanned, some pets are microchipped, a wand is run over the dog, if its got a AVID chip a unique number will come up, tracing the dog or cat back to its owner. also let the police know someone may be searching..........

Take the dog to a vet or local animal shelter to be scanned, some pets are microchipped, a wand is run over the dog, if its got a AVID chip a unique number will come up, tracing the dog or cat back to its owner. also let the police know someone may be searching..........
DITTO...Cute pup...
Metspitzer wrote:

Cute, healthy-looking pup.
I'll bet she's a basenji mix of some sort.

Well lets see what yours looks like. :)

It looks like a gentle breed. I would not want some of the dogs that get a bad rep. The best watch dogs can be inside dogs. You only need one that will bark at intruders. I wouldn't want one that bites.
Metspitzer wrote:

That breed is called a CUTIE... :)
On 4/21/2011 7:11 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

I had a pup that looked almost like the one. I named it "Stay" but it got real confused when I called it. "Come here Stay, come here Stay, etc. :-)

Oh my God, that's a WILD WOLF PUP !!!!
Or wait, now that I put on my glasses, I can see it's really a CAT because it has whiskers.....
One way to find out.... If it eats cat food, it's a cat ~~~~~~ (That always determines what it is).
I bet it's Morris and belongs to the Friskies Cat Food Company..... MEOW ...... MEOW ...... MEOW ...... MEOW ...... MEOW ......
I'd keep it, it's a really cute cat !!!! And it loves you. (It wont love you if you neuter it) OUCH!
But dont show it to anyone who w0rks for Friskies.
Just stock up on the MEOW MIX !!!!!
Wholly Merry

What a sweetheart. Looks like a Beagle mix. I hope you take her in. She came to you for a reason. You must be good people. She may reward you one day and save your life such as barking if there was a fire or an intruder. Marina

Looks to me a cross between a fence jumper and a Corgi. There definitely looks like a little corgi in there to me. If he has two types of hair, that may be a little more evidence of a Corgi. One of their hairs is white, very fine, and slightly zigzagged. The other is black tipped brown based. They will shed the white undercoat in spring. Google Corgis, and you'll see a lot of similarities. I have had three Corgis.
Steve