OT After a storm here in GA a stray pup has made my home hers

Anyone know what kind of dog this might be? She just started hanging out at the house. She was at the house one morning. I left for a dental appointment and when I returned she was still here. She followed me to the mail box. I left again and went to WalMart and bought her some food and water dishes.

She has been here for over a week now.

-- O'Neil to General Hammond: For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.

Reply to
Metspitzer

Hi, Nice looking pup. Animals don't hang around bad people.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Cute dog.. You now have anew family member.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Looks like at least some beagle in her. Good looking pup, looks like part of the family now!

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I am wondering how long she can hang out before she comes mine. I would hate to have her neutered and then someone come up and claim her. I put a pic out at the local store.

Reply to
Metspitzer

Dunno, but I'd put a "found dog" ad in your local craigslist. Don't include the picture, or the local tweakers will claim it to sell to a research lab for their next fix.

Anyone who lost that dog would be able to identify her, and most likely have pics to verify it.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Cute, healthy-looking pup.

I'll bet she's a basenji mix of some sort.

Reply to
Erma1ina

Take the dog to a vet or local animal shelter to be scanned, some pets are microchipped, a wand is run over the dog, if its got a AVID chip a unique number will come up, tracing the dog or cat back to its owner. also let the police know someone may be searching..........

Reply to
bob haller

That breed is called a CUTIE... :)

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

I had a pup that looked almost like the one. I named it "Stay" but it got real confused when I called it. "Come here Stay, come here Stay, etc. :-)

Reply to
IGot2P

Take the dog to a vet or local animal shelter to be scanned, some pets are microchipped, a wand is run over the dog, if its got a AVID chip a unique number will come up, tracing the dog or cat back to its owner. also let the police know someone may be searching..........

DITTO...Cute pup...

Reply to
benick

I agree with Tony. I did home service for many years. The nice people had nice friendly dogs. The dogs that were mean had nasty owners. WW

Reply to
WW

Oh my God, that's a WILD WOLF PUP !!!!

Or wait, now that I put on my glasses, I can see it's really a CAT because it has whiskers.....

One way to find out.... If it eats cat food, it's a cat ~~~~~~ (That always determines what it is).

I bet it's Morris and belongs to the Friskies Cat Food Company..... MEOW ...... MEOW ...... MEOW ...... MEOW ...... MEOW ......

I'd keep it, it's a really cute cat !!!! And it loves you. (It wont love you if you neuter it) OUCH!

But dont show it to anyone who w0rks for Friskies.

Just stock up on the MEOW MIX !!!!!

Wholly Merry

Reply to
WhollyMerry

Lucky for me, they do hang around cranky people :)

Reply to
Metspitzer

No need to have the puppy neutered now but *DO* take her to the vet for shots, worming and a checkup. The vet will advise you as to when she should be neutered.

Afterward, just enjoy the love and devotion she will give you for the next

10-15 years.

BTW, she is a genuine, full blood mongrel. Best kind.

Reply to
dadiOH

Well lets see what yours looks like. :)

Reply to
Metspitzer

Metspitzer wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

What a sweetheart. Looks like a Beagle mix. I hope you take her in. She came to you for a reason. You must be good people. She may reward you one day and save your life such as barking if there was a fire or an intruder. Marina

Reply to
Marina

Looks to me a cross between a fence jumper and a Corgi. There definitely looks like a little corgi in there to me. If he has two types of hair, that may be a little more evidence of a Corgi. One of their hairs is white, very fine, and slightly zigzagged. The other is black tipped brown based. They will shed the white undercoat in spring. Google Corgis, and you'll see a lot of similarities. I have had three Corgis.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

It looks like a gentle breed. I would not want some of the dogs that get a bad rep. The best watch dogs can be inside dogs. You only need one that will bark at intruders. I wouldn't want one that bites.

Reply to
Metspitzer