OT A question for the safety conscience

Kugel ball
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zso7ChaQXQ
I don't get out much and I have never seen one of these in person. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kugel_ball According to the chart, the closest one to me would be Gatlinburg, Tennessee at Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum. I have actually been there before but before it was on display.
Anyway my question is exactly how thin is a "thin layer of water." Could someone get their hand underneath the ball? The one in the video looks like there is enough room. What happens if the power goes out? To keep that ball suspended would take a huge generator and/or a room full of batteries.
On 1/27/2014 8:31 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

That is almost as fascinating as the colored ping pong ball trick...
On 01/27/2014 08:31 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

It's on a very thin film of water. (Less than the width of a piece of paper) I've seen one and you could not get your finger under it. As far as I know it's just pumped water and does not take a huge amount of power.