OT: 81 y/o man with magic fingers and smiling eyes......

Oh, dear. I was sitting right next to my husband and this old guy made eye contact and smiled at me for about 20 minutes. He was about 12' away from me, and it was a most unusual experience, to say the least. He was a little scruffy looking, hadn't had a haircut in a very long time and had rather scrawny wrinkly arms. He played the heck out of his old beat-up guitar, a little too loudly 'cause it made his voice hard to hear at times. Close to 2 hours with no intermission, but he smiled a lot, especially when the audience was going crazy; Willie just seems to love what he does :o) I do too.
On 9/17/2014 7:39 AM, Norminn wrote:

He's playing in my neighborhood this weekend. Wish I could get there as I've never seen him in person. 12' away was a great seat.
On Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:39:10 AM UTC-5, NorMinn wrote:

"Scrawny" arms...isn't he a black belt (or brown)?
On 9/17/2014 11:10 AM, BenDarrenBach wrote:

Fifth degree black belt in something I never heard of. I'm sure he is strong, but the skin on his arms is very wrinkled and kind of hanging there when he raises his arm :o)
On 09/17/2014 2:17 PM, Norminn wrote: ...

That's indicative of having had a lot more muscle mass years ago...I'd never'uv thunk anything of the sort from him--given his other penchants over the years he's looked like death warmed over for almost 50 yr, now.
But, he's a heckuva' performer...I've not seen him live in about 20 yr in Angel Fire, NM...

On 9/17/2014 4:16 PM, dpb wrote:

The concert we went to was postponed twice. When my daughter first bought the tickets, I did a little research on Willie. I haven't followed the career of any celebs, and Willie has been around a LONG time. It was shocking to see pix of him when he first became popular; he was a hottie!
I'm getting a new t-shirt: "Roll me up and smoke me when I die." I'm old enough....if I wear it to the grocery store, they'll know what to do with me ;o)

Was this at the bus station or your living room?
On 9/17/2014 6:03 PM, micky wrote:

Willie Nelson in concert, Carmel, IN.