OT - 6 Door Extended Cab

Coming out of McLowes yesterday in the northeast. A 6 door (3x/side) pickup with bed parked in the lot. First time I ever saw one. Of course there are pics of them on the net.
Wanna guess what state the plates were from?
Based on the plates, only thing missing were cattle horns across the hood and mounted airhorns.

What? No brush guards? Rifle rack above the rear window? Probably from Dallas...
Joe

I've seen those in NY. IIRC they were transit authority or railroad vehicles. Haven't seen one in a while, though.
I always thought that they'd be good for a GC. He could car pool with his subs each morning and each sub would put their magnetic sign on their door. Kind of like what fast food places are doing now sharing a building.
Red Green wrote:

He probably took them off. To blend in.
We Texans don't like to show off. Decorum, modesty, and a demur bearing are our middle names.
harry wrote:

Not like most Yanks. Everything is bigger in Texas.
On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 06:56:27 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

That's why they have so much land - you can take a few steps back so that things seem the same size as everywhere else :-)
Jules Richardson wrote:

Huh!
If I take a few steps back, my equipment moves with me.

A Newfie meets a Texan while on holliday in New York, and the Texan is bragging about how big his ranch is. He says" I can jump into my pickup truck and drive all day without leaving my property". The Newfie replied " I feel fer ya brother - I had a truck like that once too"
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Heh!
Sure, we Texans like to brag. I think it's in the water. And, regrettably, every once in a while someone exaggerates.
Still, El Paso is closer to San Diego than it is to Houston and Houston is closer to Florida than it is to El Paso.
The state is a BIG place. We have 254 counties, some larger than Rhode Island ('course that isn't saying much). (And 254 Texas Rangers.) On the other hand, much of the western part of the state is minimally populated and minimally populated for a reason: there's no there there.
In sum, if you counted only the "usable" parts of the state, we wouldn't be much bigger than Connecticut.
One way to think of us is Northern California + The Sahara = Texas.
Of course some have other ways of thinking about Texas...

Itallian Racing tires - otherwize known as "baldinis".
Any time they may identify themselves "W*P, W*P, W*P"

That be a "redneck Limo", not a pick-um-up truck.

MY 2 cents worth is if you can't put a 4'x8' sheet of plywood in the bed without it hanging over the tailgate or having to put seats down, then it's not a "Pick-up" truck.
harry wrote:

Common bumper sticker:
"Yes, I have a pickup. No, I won't help you move"
On 7/13/11 12:54 PM, Red Green wrote:

International made something called an RXT for a couple, four years. http://tinyurl.com/5vw8af4 Did you see the vehicles with the spoilers over the tailgate? They look a lot like pickups. They're obviously city slicker buggies. I wonder if they come with dash mounted flower vases.
harry wrote:

Drag racers often exceed 200MPH.
On slick tires.
harry wrote:

No physical reason one can't put slicks on a pick-up truck.
You should avoid rain or wet streets, they'll hydroplane easier than grooved tires.