OT. 25 million dollar kiss

Mike Rowe has a podcast series called The Way I Heard It. This particular one talks about the most beautiful woman in the world during WWII, Hedy Lamarr. She and a composer came up with the idea of frequency hopping radio signals. The podcast is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTC9LCIwwH8
More about it here: <http://www.businessinsider.com/hedy-lamarr-george-antheil-frequency-hopping-2014-7 or http://alturl.com/5kfd5 James Burke had a show called Connections. He's start the show with some common modern gizmo. Then he'd show the odd circumstances that came together to make that modern gizmo reality.

On 03/27/2016 04:45 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Interesting and an odd coincidence for me.
Both Hedy Lamarr and the idea of frequency hopping came up separately.
1) My wife is going to be in a fashion show this upcoming weekend and one of her friends who will also be in it had the opportunity to wear one of Hedy Lamarr's dresses. She posted the photo on Facebook, but declined to wear the dress because she figured she'd probably end up destroying it.
2) I am reading Lee de Forest's auto-biography written in 1950...and he mentioned the idea of frequency hopping back in the earliest days of radio. It was a considerably cruder system than the one Hedy envisioned but a very interesting read.

<http://www.businessinsider.com/hedy-lamarr-george-antheil-frequency-hopp ing-2014-7>

with

I remember when Connections was first on PBS. Best show ever about the development of technology. Ended up getting the book which is equally as good.
I learned about Hedy Lamarr inventions years ago myself. She must have been one of those rare people who is good a many different things.
On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 16:45:25 -0500, "Dean Hoffman"
I had a Podcast once. I was shelling peas, and when I finished, I CAST all the PODS out the door.