OT 12 year Gin Project

Too bad I shave once a year, and only the six chin hares I manage to grow. I'd like to grow some chin hare to hide this mug.

Reply to
Eagle

Winston Churchill and his two fingers in shape of "V" was VICTORY, not peace. He figured the best end to the war was victory. I'm pleased the US stepped in to help, it was a rough go for the English.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sounds like UM next shave will be at a barber shop, not a Norelco.

I've applied for a job which requires clean shaven, so I may be using my barber trimmers some time in the next few weeks.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Don't try it in a smoking area.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Lucky you. Shaving is a chore. You'd think we would have evolved beards away by now. We're a bit more advanced in that department than Muslims though.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Some people (or countries) seem to get mixed up here. Your middle finge= r, your palm towards yourself, is telling someone to f*ck off. Your fir= st two fingers, palm towards you, is victory. Your first two fingers, p= alm away from you, is peace.

-- =

If only women came with pull-down menus and on-line help.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

You sound like the shipping forecast. Blood and guts spilled everywhere= , heads removed, westerly becoming cyclonic, good.

-- =

Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Are these middle names always unique?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Yes, I know. I was just wondering whether you managed to think up a anew one each time.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

You've got basic sign language down.

Reply to
Muggles

The middle finger is also used to mean "your driving is a piece of shit".

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Especially for the English since it was they who invented the English language, and one of it's colonies who corrected their own use of their language.

Reply to
Eagle

Mr Macaw was thinking very hard :

A peacenick eh?

Reply to
Eagle

Mr Macaw formulated on Monday :

Did you know it was the french who first used the middle finger as an insult?

Reply to
Eagle

You belong to us. You will do as you are told.

-- =

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in hum= an history--with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Even the Urban Dictionary doesn't know what a peacenick is.

-- =

Michael Buerk on watching Phillipa Forrester cuddle up to a male astrono= mer for warmth during BBC1's UK eclipse coverage remarked: "They seem co= ld out there, they're rubbing each other and he's only come in his short= s."

Reply to
Mr Macaw

I did not.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Well I was wrong. I saw a TV show on old world subjects and showing the middle finger to the enemy was to show they still had their "firing finger" for whatever reason. It turns out that was bullshit. This is the origin;

The gesture dates back to Ancient Greece and it was also used in Ancient Rome. Historically, it represented the phallus. In some modern cultures, it has gained increasing recognition as a sign of disrespect, and has been used by music artists (notably more common among hardcore punk bands and rappers), actors, celebrities, athletes, and politicians. Most still view the gesture as obscene. The index finger and ring finger besides the middle finger in more contemporary periods has been likened to represent the testicles.

IF you buy that story.... lol

Reply to
Eagle

That shows how limited the urban dickshunairy is.

Reply to
Eagle

Been there, done that, got the scalps.

Reply to