OT 12 year Gin Project

Page 2 of 6
On 2/23/2016 7:59 PM, Mike Duffy wrote:

I enjoy a nice merlot every now and then.
--
Maggie

On 25/02/2016 06:50, Muggles wrote:

Southern Comfort/ Pimms N0.1 and Limoncello are my favs (in that order of preference). As you can tell, I like the sweet booze).
--
Bod

On 2/25/2016 7:21 AM, Bod wrote:

I used to like the more sweet wines, but found the merlot to have a better overall taste with little bitter after taste.
--
Maggie

On 2/25/2016 12:39 PM, Muggles wrote:

Rarely drink wine unless it is with a meal. The combination of a good wine and the right food is fantastic. Merlot pairs will with lighter meats like roast chicken, pork, veal.
I buy 4 to 5 cases of wine a year and have two 20 bottle coolers (one white @47 deg., one red 58 deg) so there is always wine ready to drink.
On 2/25/2016 12:47 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I usually have red wine at room temperature, but white wine chilled. I don't have it very often, though.
--
Maggie

On 2/25/2016 2:11 PM, Muggles wrote:

The room temperature thing is incorrect. The room in question is a typical room in Europe in the winter that is about 55 degrees. Most rest are best about about 60 to 65 degrees after being opened for 30 to 60 minutes.
I store the wind at about 57 degrees and often decant it before serving and by the time we eat it is about the 60+ temperature. Room temperature in the summer yields a terrible wine. If you have no other method, but the bottle in the fridge for an hour.
Do a test with a good bottle of wine. Open it, pour just a mouthful and drink it. Pour another few ounces and let it stand for 20 minutes or more. Notice how much more mellow it is. Cheap box wines won't be much different.
Whites should be in the 46 to 50 degree range, a few can go even cooler.
On 2/25/2016 2:15 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Next time I get a bottle of merlot, I'll give it a try like you suggested.
--
Maggie

On 25/02/2016 17:39, Muggles wrote:

Aye, I have a bottle of Merlot now and again.
--
Bod

Life is short. I suggest upping the pace to a bottle a month.
Ed Pawlowski formulated on Tuesday :

Do you have a good liver doctor 'cause you'll need one.
On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 14:29:05 -0800, Eagle wrote:

By my calculations, that's only a single drink every 2 or 3 days.
36 Gin + 4 Bourbon + 2 Scotch is 42 bottles. Even if you assume the big 1.14 litre bottles, thats 47.88 litres. Twelve years is 4383 days.
That works out to 11 ml per day, not even a tablespoon.
--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm

It happens that Mike Duffy formulated :

How many drinkers do you know drink a tablespoon of gin per day? lol
On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 07:02:37 -0800, Eagle wrote:

I have no reason to call him a liar. Considering that I have a drink every 2 or 3 days, this puts my consumption pretty close to what he stated.
--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm

Mike Duffy formulated the question :

I wasn't trying to make him out to be a liar, Mike. Your Mr. Data reply was an opening for a touch of humor. :D
On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 13:58:26 -0800, Eagle wrote:

Sorry. It went over my head. When he said he intended to go through a few bottles a year, your 'lol' implied that you are either laughing with him or laughing at him, and I could not see where what he said about responsable drinking was intended to be funny unless one assumes that to be impossible.
Despite how much I enjoy the occaisional drink, I would give it up forever if EVERYONE had to as well, because there are many who cannot stop after a few, and a goodly fraction of those insist on endangering the lives of others.
I've told you before about people I know ruining their lives with alcohol. And I gather that you have seen the same thing happen. Maybe making a joke about it is a good way to bring on a dialogue.
--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm

Mike Duffy expressed precisely :

Dialogue is possible if others take an interest in this subject. I like [or used to like] drinking Whiskey many years ago and especially Johnny Walker Black or the very rare blue label. Befor that I developed a habit of drinking Monopolowa potato vodka, and had to stop because of what it would do to My temper. I quit drinking and smoking around the same time [1/1/91] and haven't smoked or bought a bottle since. I do pour a drink occationally, but that's it.
On 2016-02-26 1:21 PM, Eagle wrote:

I enjoy a couple beers now and then, but the days or had liquor are past me for the most part, unless a good single malt scotch comes my way, which it rarely does.
--
Froz...

Quando omni flunkus, moritati
FrozenNorth laid this down on his screen :

You and I would enjoy polishing off a good bottle Whiskey, be it Single malt Scotch or a blend like Johnny Walker. There are many single malt Scotch Wiskies, so chosing one would be a drunken affair for sure. :') I don't think My liver could handle that "experiment"... lol Being in construction, I helped empty many a case of Buttwiper and cooooooooooors, so a beer once or twice a year is My limit. :')

Alcoholic drinks taste like shit. I prefer to take a strong alcoholic drink with fuck all flavour (like vodka) and add something nice like coca cola or orange juice etc.
--
A female news anchor who, the day after it was supposed to have snowed and didn't, turned to the weatherman and asked, "So Bob, where's that eight inches you promised me last night?"

It's a term which means "not very good". Like "this mobile phone is shit" does not mean it's soft and warm and squidgy, it means it's rubbish.
--
A group of cowboys were branding some cattle.
While they were out the cook saw a sheep tied to a post. Thinking it was for that nights dinner he cooked it.