OT 12 year Gin Project

Ed Pawlowski formulated on Tuesday :

Do you have a good liver doctor 'cause you'll need one.

Reply to
Eagle

By my calculations, that's only a single drink every 2 or 3 days.

36 Gin + 4 Bourbon + 2 Scotch is 42 bottles. Even if you assume the big 1.14 litre bottles, thats 47.88 litres. Twelve years is 4383 days.

That works out to 11 ml per day, not even a tablespoon.

Reply to
Mike Duffy

I enjoy a nice merlot every now and then.

Reply to
Muggles

How many drinkers do you know drink a tablespoon of gin per day? lol

Reply to
Eagle

I have no reason to call him a liar. Considering that I have a drink every

2 or 3 days, this puts my consumption pretty close to what he stated.
Reply to
Mike Duffy

Oren posted for all of us...

That can be said of many things. I have a friend who makes wine, Limoncello , Orange-cello (sp) It's different than commercially produced products. I kne w a guy who would make wine out of anything.. tomatoes, etc.

You do your own BBQ; you could could just buy that from the guy in the trailer. Me, I just appreciate others talents (sponge)

Reply to
Tekkie®

Alcoholic drinks taste like shit. I prefer to take a strong alcoholic drink with f*ck all flavour (like vodka) and add something nice like coca cola or orange juice etc.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

It's a term which means "not very good". Like "this mobile phone is shit" does not mean it's soft and warm and squidgy, it means it's rubbish.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

I wasn't trying to make him out to be a liar, Mike. Your Mr. Data reply was an opening for a touch of humor. :D

Reply to
Eagle

Everytime you eat swine you eat shit the animal stores in it's flesh. That's one reason I don't eat pig meat.

Reply to
Eagle

I don't eat any meat. Dead flesh tastes revolting, like some kind of rotting matter that's been left in the fridge for 3 months.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Vegans are usually meatnemic. Try some parrot soup, it tastes like chicken.

Con La Lengua

Maybe you need to learn how to cook it.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Still smells rotten. And I'm talking about other people's houses when they've cooked meals, so it's not my own cooking that's at fault. The fact remains that meat is decomposing flesh. It's dead, it's not meant to be eaten.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Sorry. It went over my head. When he said he intended to go through a few bottles a year, your 'lol' implied that you are either laughing with him or laughing at him, and I could not see where what he said about responsable drinking was intended to be funny unless one assumes that to be impossible.

Despite how much I enjoy the occaisional drink, I would give it up forever if EVERYONE had to as well, because there are many who cannot stop after a few, and a goodly fraction of those insist on endangering the lives of others.

I've told you before about people I know ruining their lives with alcohol. And I gather that you have seen the same thing happen. Maybe making a joke about it is a good way to bring on a dialogue.

Reply to
Mike Duffy

Dialogue is possible if others take an interest in this subject. I like [or used to like] drinking Whiskey many years ago and especially Johnny Walker Black or the very rare blue label. Befor that I developed a habit of drinking Monopolowa potato vodka, and had to stop because of what it would do to My temper. I quit drinking and smoking around the same time [1/1/91] and haven't smoked or bought a bottle since. I do pour a drink occationally, but that's it.

Reply to
Eagle

Mr Macaw explained :

I can't agree with you on this. You can't eat "live" meat, so killing the animal and burning it's flesh is how to eat animal flesh. Nevermind the diseases involved, that's one of the reasons you burn meat...to kill the diseases.

Reply to
Eagle

e:

Don't have to bother with that if you eat normal food.

-- =

My daughter asked me for a pet spider for her birthday, so I went to our= local pet shop and they were =A370! Blow this, I thought, I can get one= cheaper off the web.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

I enjoy a couple beers now and then, but the days or had liquor are past me for the most part, unless a good single malt scotch comes my way, which it rarely does.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Cooking yes, but burning, not so much, but mostly I am agreeing with you again, that is what, twice in a month? :-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth