Oster microwave problems

hello, just joined hoping to find some help, i have a 1.1 oster convection microwave and for some reason if it runs more the 5 min it cuts out and i have to wait 30-40 min then it comes back on. the clock needs to be reset everytime, even if there is a pause inbetween i can run it for 2 and a half min stop it wait a min then 3 mins and it will cut out before its done.
any ideas?
auggie wrote:

The internal fan no longer functions, the unit overheats, and the inline thermostat opens the circuit.
You either need a new fan, or you need to find out why your current fan no longer functions.
Before opening the unit up, *please* read and heed the following document, paying close attention to the safety warnings: http://repairfaq.org/sam/micfaq.htm
Jon

sorry my fan does run... at first it doesnt then after a a min or so it kicks in, and will run anywhere from 30 sec to a couple of min after im done with it

I have a neighbor that had a microwave/convection oven that he was having problems with. His wife was gone for the weekend and he was struggling to fend for himself. When I went over he was trying to heat up a foil wrapped casserole using the uWave mode. For the rest of the weekend he either ate with us or sent out.
Jimmie
auggie wrote:

If it's a convection, it'll have two fans, one to blow air around the inside of the oven, and one to cool the transformer and uwave tube.
Did you already open up the unit to verify that the transformer/tube fan is running?
Jon

i did not know it had two,... would the inside one run after you have stopped the timer for a cool down mode ? if it matters im only using the normal function not the convection settings is there a easy way to tell wich one is running ..
auggie wrote:

Take it to a repair guy, he can tell you.
Jon

Again; as many times before ............................ be very, very careful.
Unless you are a trained electronics/transmitter technician.
M.wave ovens are basically a 1000 watt transmitter inside a metal box and have voltages up to 5000 volts and also emit microwaves which can fry your eyeballs and or meat (yourself) very quickly.
Once described as the most dangerous household appliance ever invented.
I have two such units down stairs at the moment to determine if they are worth repairing; often they are not! Brand new ones can often be bought for less tha $60.
And yes; I was once an electronics technician dealing with many types of equipment.

I think newer MW's have a schematic included inside the cabinet. the last one I opened up did,in an envelope.It had all the servicing info. BTW,it also used security TORX screws to secure the cabinet.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik