Ossilating fan blade suddenly turns slow, smellin slightly burnt :(

Lasko fan isn't even 2yrs old, priciest one I've bought yet, suddenly struggling to rotate blade. Blade WILL turn, just very weakly & has noisier start than usual. Likely clogged with dust, did a little 'blowing out', going to try a thorough cleaning.
Has a bad SMELL after it was on for a few minutes...is it fried? Should I waste my time or just replace? Thnx!
On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 15:44:01 +0000, Hotrodroxie

You can try working some 3 in 1 oil or similar into the bushings in the motor. They are factory lubricated and once that is gone, you are just pissing on the fire tho. I have also heard of temporary success using mineral spirits and motor oil about 50/50
On 04/30/2013 08:44 AM, Hotrodroxie wrote:

How much is the deductable on your fire insurance?
Jon

just toss the fan using it isnt worth the fire risk
Get a usenet provider, and reader. This is not a web forum. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . . "Hotrodroxie" http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/ossilating-fan-blade-suddenly-tu rns-slow-smellin-slightly-b-746711-.htm using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to home and garden related groups
On Apr 30, 4:44 pm, Hotrodroxie

If it rotates freely with your finger. then is is scrap. (Unplug first tot est.)
If it is stiff, then it needs a drop of lubricant. Do NOT run it until you have fixed it, you will burn the motor out. (You may already have done that)