Ossilating fan blade suddenly turns slow, smellin slightly burnt :(

Lasko fan isn't even 2yrs old, priciest one I've bought yet, suddenly struggling to rotate blade. Blade WILL turn, just very weakly & has noisier start than usual. Likely clogged with dust, did a little 'blowing out', going to try a thorough cleaning.

Has a bad SMELL after it was on for a few minutes...is it fried? Should I waste my time or just replace? Thnx!

Reply to
Hotrodroxie

You can try working some 3 in 1 oil or similar into the bushings in the motor. They are factory lubricated and once that is gone, you are just pissing on the fire tho. I have also heard of temporary success using mineral spirits and motor oil about 50/50

Reply to
gfretwell

How much is the deductable on your fire insurance?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

just toss the fan using it isnt worth the fire risk

Reply to
bob haller

Get a usenet provider, and reader. This is not a web forum. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus

. . "Hotrodroxie"
using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to home and garden related groups

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If it rotates freely with your finger. then is is scrap. (Unplug first tot est.)

If it is stiff, then it needs a drop of lubricant. Do NOT run it until you have fixed it, you will burn the motor out. (You may already have done that)

Reply to
harry