OSSF - Texas

We bought a lake house in Texas and I've been reading the rules on permitting an On Site Sewage Facility. Since this is so close to the lake, it will have to be an above ground tank and we have incinerating toilets. If it weren't for the kitchen sink, we wouldn't have any blackwater at all.

I think this sounds fairly simple although I know it would be a lot of work. There's an existing system that no longer meets code requirements so we have to make modifications. So, connect the drain line coming out of the house to a lift station, have an electrician wire it, install the tank, hook it all together.

Is this worth $13,000???

BradMM

BradMM wrote the following:

The kitchen sink produces grey water. Blackwater is some private security company. :-)

Reply to
willshak

Not according to the State code and the local jurisdiction definitions.... unfortunately!

Reply to
BradMM

Not according to the State code and the local jurisdiction definitions.... unfortunately!

===

JimT

well it's wrong.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Most of the new county codes are now calling for those that spray the water up in the air like a huge sprinkler system. Our neighbor put one in and when the wind is blowing from his direction the odor just about gags us. I refused our county inspector when they said we would have to do that and we just put in a standard system with a pump that pushes the water out through hundreds of feet of field line. But, yes, the 13 grand is probably right on the money as the spray kind around here runs between 8 and 10.

Reply to
The Post Quartermaster

Steve Barker wrote in news:r5udnVga76qg3afRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

It's labeled & priced right then.