OSB tongue 'n groove flooring gaps - to fill or not?

I've just put down a new sub-floor with OSB tongue and groove but I'm left with ~2 mm spaces between the sheets. I'll be putting down underpadding and carpet--is it necessary to fill the gap with some sort of compound?
TIA! Darryl.
snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEhotmail.com says...

I'm not expert (so if others tell me I'm FOS, believe them ;-), but I'd say no. I'm in the process of tearing up all the carpet in the house and screwing (1500ish) the subfloor down to eliminate any squeaks and have about the same gaps (3/16" in the plywood T-n-G. I'm just making sure it's all vacuumed out before the padding and carpet go down.
Apparently they put talc (the carpet installer called it "baby powder") on the floor before the original padding. What a dusty mess.
--
Keith

On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 22:53:58 -0500, Darryl

imho,
Contact the manufacturer. Depending on your installation(save over a garage, etc) the seams might need some spacing for expansion.
Good luck,
tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

Tom is right its made that way for expansion No prep is needed.