Ortho Home Defense Max - does it work??

Have you used Ortho Home Defense Max to keep ants out of your house? The manufacturer says one application per season is enough. If you have any feedback, positive or negative, please post. Though it's cheaper than hiring an exterminator, it requires alot of work - so I'd like to know if it's worth my time before I do it.

Reply to
siralfred

yes, it works great, but you might want to reapply every 2-3 months if you are in the south or other really buggy area. the once per season claim would be true of some place with a short summer, like Minnesota or Canada

it is not a lot of work, in fact in is super-easy, I can apply it in 5-6 minutes, scarcely more time than it takes to slowly walk around the house

wear a respirator mask (the type with the large cylindrical carbon filters) and latex gloves, pesticides are not good for you!

Reply to
cowboy

oh, one other thing, if you get the 1.33 gallon size with pull 'n spray, it is much easier on your hands, as squirting a regular bottle about 400 times can give some people a sore hand!

Reply to
cowboy

Does it kill any pests other than ants... such as bugs? bj

Reply to
chicagofan

Duane Bozarth

Thanks so much for the link! Sounds like what I need... when I can find someone to use it for me. ;) bj

Reply to
chicagofan

chicagofan wrote: ...

I have no idea what it really is...I couldn't find a MSDS link or label quickly. Personally I've never much cared for Ortho-branded products...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

In article , snipped-for-privacy@swko.dot.net says... :) chicagofan wrote: :) ... :) > :) > Thanks so much for the link! Sounds like what I need... when I can find :) > someone to use it for me. ;) :) :) I have no idea what it really is...I couldn't find a MSDS link or label :) quickly. Personally I've never much cared for Ortho-branded products... :) It's bifenthrin .05%

Reply to
Lar

The "Max" is a new product, but I've been using the regular Home Defense for years. It works GREAT. I just bought one of the large gallon-size jugs of Max but haven't used it yet. It looks like it's just formulated to last longer than the regular, which seems to kill everything bug-related for about 6 months. There's not a better all-around bug killer for the home. Very easy to use - just walk around and spray it around the perimeter.

Reply to
Unrevealed Source