Oreck Vacuums - Recommendations?

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for/against Oreck vacuums. I'm looking at the "XL" line, probably the most affordable one. I found a coupon here:
http://sleekideas.com/oreck-vacuum-cleaner.php
So if all else fails, I get a free cordless iron or car vacuum! LoL
Graphix Guy writes:

Sucker brand.
Read consumer reports, dont get one with a plastic turbine , my last 2 melted and spun on the shaft. There are alot that " work better" but the quality of most is crap, Alot of plastic that breaks. Years ago motors brushes went first , now it seems everything else breaks. If it doesnt work it sucks and doesnt suck
Oreck can't be much good, they spend too many millions advertising on tv. I looked at their home vaccums and their car vaccum, and they both looked flimsy and weak. I later learned they were made in China.
Consumer Reports ranked them near the bottom of the pile. Wonder why they cost so much ??
--james--

Uh-huh. Got a free case of Pepsi (6- 2 liter bottles, [a joy to store]) to allow an in-house demonstration. Impressive power and other stupid pet tricks, but really got turned off when the saleman said they took cars in trade. I'd need a REALLY long extension cord to take that Kirby to work each day :)