Opinons on AC brands Rheem, Trane, Westinghouse

Page 2 of 2
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

Hmmm, I am a HAM for half a century. My furnace has ECM blower motor(a DC motor) I took care of RFI concern my self with a kit. Brand of the unit is Carrier. Motor itself seldom fails, the control module does. I have 10 yr. P&L coverage but I can fix the module most likely if it fails. Another DC motor is not VS but it has speed taps like older PSC motors.
On 06/23/13 11:54 pm, Tony Hwang wrote:

It's my understanding that the manufacturers often have an interference-suppression kit that they will send free of charge, but the consumer will still have to pay somebody to install that kit if s/he is not willing or able to do it him/herself.
Perce
On Monday, June 17, 2013 6:19:40 PM UTC-7, Ashton Crusher wrote:

Maybe, instead, you should ask if you will be able to buy parts for it without having to show a state HVAC license.
On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 18:38:11 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The only thing I've ever heard anyone needing an HVAC license for is buying freon. I've never had problems in the past buying parts for DIY repairs on AC systems. I don't plan on doing anything particularly "heavy duty" in the way of repairs.