opinions wanted about window proportion

Can there be such a thing as too big of window, as in, it looks a little odd because it takes up so much wall space? My dh doesn't think so, but the windows which I thought were really nice in the shop, and I got them for a good deal, seem like they are SO big. We have 8 foot ceilings, and the windows are around 6 feet tall. There will be about 4 feet of wall space to either side.
Stasya