Opinions on Kenmore Elite 22 Cu Ft Fridge/Freezer (top)

Hi,

Kenmore is made by several different companies...you can find out whom made the refrigerator that you are looking for from the model# on the refrigerator ( not the store # ), and Elite is just a name.

Some consumers opinions for several refrigerators...
jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

From memory, the Elite models are all Whirlpool built. Like Jeff says, check the model number...if it starts 106. it's Whirlpool, 253. is Frigidaire, 363. is GE, 596. is Amana (now owned by Maytag). If going down the "stainless steel" road, don't expect it to look like the ones you see in the kitchens of the TV chefs.

Top freezer is best, simple and straightforward. Stick with Whirlpool (personal opinion!). Steer clear of the electronic "bells and whistles", nasty and expensive if repairs are needed (applies to ALL domestic appliances). Also bear in mind that many utility companies will give a "bonus" (usually around $50) for retiring an old WORKING less-efficient refrigerator - check with whoever supplies your electricity, no harm in asking.

Happy shopping!

Reply to
Mad Mac

Hi,

As we continue our kitchen updates, the fridge is next as our current one is old and is working too hard to stay cold. Want to replace it on my terms - not it's.

We're looking at the 22 cu ft. Kenmore Elite with the top freezer. Since we have Kenmore washer, dryer, stove & dishwasher, we figure - what the heck.

Does anyone have experience with this particular item?

Reply to
Davma