Opinions on HDepot replacement windows

Thinking of replacing 12 windows at cottage and HomeDespots price for vynyl replacement double hungs is half the price of everyone else. So i hate homedespots and everything they stand for, but i am also a cheap sob. They are the Farley type. Anyone got good or bad or some form of heads up that may be of assist? Anywere else to buy them and deprive the Despots of profits? Need Canadian source for similar product as do not want my $$$ to end up as part of the war machine dropping bombs on the heads of inocent arab babies. TIA
-- Troweller^nospam^@canada.com
Remove the obvious to reply. Experienced and reliable Concrete Finishing and Synthetic Stucco application in the GTA.
I bought and installed a couple of their vinyl windows in my house a little over a year ago and am really pleased with them.
They look great and function very smoothly.
However, their quality control is LOUSY and for each window I bought, I had to reject one, so, if you remove all the packaging in the store and carefully inspect them, you'll be able to save a trip back to the store, like I had to make. :-(
Hope this helps.
Lewis.
The screens on mine are useless. With window open, all sorts of bugs come in (gnats, flies, mosquitos, etc). With window shut, the bugs all end up inbetween the screen and window, then dying, forming great big mass bug graves at the bottom of the window.
I used a place local to the north east US, for the same price (maybe $10 more per window), and got much much nicer ones. Mechanism and latches were nicer too.
-Kevin
Thanx for your heads up. BTW, how are the bugs getting thru/around the screens???? This is canada, here we have 2 seasons---snow and bugs.
-- Troweller^nospam^@canada.com
Remove the obvious to reply. Experienced and reliable Concrete Finishing and Synthetic Stucco application in the GTA.

Between the gaps at the edges -- top, bottom, left and right.
I'm going to try some tape or something this weekend after a year of keeping the lights off all the time.