Opinions on Gatehouse Estates Door Hardware at Lowe's

I was in Lowe's yesterday looking at entry locksets. Lowe's has this Gatehouse Estates brand that says they are 100% solid forged brass. They are certainly heavy, very heavy. Prices are comparable to Kwikset and Schlage. I cannot find any information about this brand using Google. Anyone have any knowledge or personal experience with this brand? Thanks. --Greg

No experience, but my initial reaction would be that one day, I might need to get a duplicate key from another store, and if Gatehouse Estates uses an odd blank of some kind, another store might not have that blank. Did you read the fine print?
A google search for "gatehouse estates hardware" turns up just one retailer in the first two pages of results. Guess who?
I'd stick with Kwikset or Schlage.
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/Opinions-on-Gatehouse-Estates-Door-Hardware-at-Lowe-s-292602-.htm ricrado wrote: JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Place to find the best gatehouse door hardware offers and deals Gatehouse Door Hardware Online Shop. Get Discount and Affordable gatehouse door hardware Deals and browse our products list. We have the best door hardware offers. http://www.gatehousedoorhardware.com / ------------------------------------- Gatehouse Door Hardware Online Shop. Get Discount and Affordable gatehouse door hardware Deals and browse our products list. We have the best door hardware offers. http://www.gatehousedoorhardware.com / (__ _ )_ (_)_(_) (o o) ==\o/=

Get a brass finish lockset with the new plating process that is guarnteed for life not to tarnish.
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/Opinions-on-Gatehouse-Estates-Door-Hardware-at-Lowe-s-292602-.htm ricrado wrote: Greg Kroll wrote:

Gatehouse Door Hardware Online Shop. Get Discount and Affordable gatehouse door hardware Deals and browse our products list. We have the best door hardware offers. http://www.gatehousedoorhardware.com /
------------------------------------- Gatehouse Door Hardware Online Shop. Get Discount and Affordable gatehouse door hardware Deals and browse our products list. We have the best door hardware offers. http://www.gatehousedoorhardware.com / (__ _ )_ (_)_(_) (o o) ==\o/=
replying to Greg Kroll, upsetengineer wrote: Forget about looks and appearance, when this poor (designed/built?) lock fails it will not let you out of your house unless you have good lighting and a crowbar and strength to pry the door open, we were trapped for several hours (no emergency or fire) and the door couldn't be opened. Their design should be outlawed. You are going to need to use the "limited lifetime warranty" if you are still alive.
On Sat, 10 Sep 2016 02:44:01 +0000, upsetengineer wrote:

Hey, upsetengineer. Do you think Greg Kroll has been locked in his house, unable to flee, for the *EIGHT YEARS* since he made that post?
Read the DATES, Home Moaners Users...
replying to Sam Hill, John wrote: lmao !