Opinions on Gatehouse Estates Door Hardware at Lowe's

I was in Lowe's yesterday looking at entry locksets. Lowe's has this Gatehouse Estates brand that says they are 100% solid forged brass. They are certainly heavy, very heavy. Prices are comparable to Kwikset and Schlage. I cannot find any information about this brand using Google. Anyone have any knowledge or personal experience with this brand? Thanks.

--Greg

Reply to
Greg Kroll

No experience, but my initial reaction would be that one day, I might need to get a duplicate key from another store, and if Gatehouse Estates uses an odd blank of some kind, another store might not have that blank. Did you read the fine print?

A google search for "gatehouse estates hardware" turns up just one retailer in the first two pages of results. Guess who?

I'd stick with Kwikset or Schlage.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Get a brass finish lockset with the new plating process that is guarnteed for life not to tarnish.

Reply to
ransley

Gatehouse Door Hardware Online Shop. Get Discount and Affordable gatehouse door hardware Deals and browse our products list. We have the best door hardware offers.

------------------------------------- Gatehouse Door Hardware Online Shop. Get Discount and Affordable gatehouse door hardware Deals and browse our products list. We have the best door hardware offers.

(__ _ )_ (_)_(_) (o o) ==\o/==

Reply to
ricrado

Place to find the best gatehouse door hardware offers and deals Gatehouse Door Hardware Online Shop. Get Discount and Affordable gatehouse door hardware Deals and browse our products list. We have the best door hardware offers.

Door Hardware Online Shop. Get Discount and Affordable gatehouse door hardware Deals and browse our products list. We have the best door hardware offers.
(__ _ )_ (_)_(_) (o o) ==\o/==

Reply to
ricrado

replying to Greg Kroll, upsetengineer wrote: Forget about looks and appearance, when this poor (designed/built?) lock fails it will not let you out of your house unless you have good lighting and a crowbar and strength to pry the door open, we were trapped for several hours (no emergency or fire) and the door couldn't be opened. Their design should be outlawed. You are going to need to use the "limited lifetime warranty" if you are still alive.

Reply to
upsetengineer

Hey, upsetengineer. Do you think Greg Kroll has been locked in his house, unable to flee, for the *EIGHT YEARS* since he made that post?

Read the DATES, Home Moaners Users...

Reply to
Sam Hill

replying to Sam Hill, John wrote: lmao !

Reply to
John

replying to Greg Kroll, Laurence Grayhills wrote: I had an internal part fail...have been trying to contact the company (repeatedly) to no avail. Horrible customer service!!

Reply to
Laurence Grayhills