Opinions of a 1st home compressor/nailer kit

I want to purchase a finish nailer for occasional uses around the house. Any opinions? Porter Cable? Seneco, Maikia? other? It must be portable. Where is the best place to buy?

Thanks Kent

Reply to
mcfriendly

Kent,

Go to HD or Lowe's and buy their little compressors that are set up like a rolling suit case with wheels and an extending handle to pull it with. They are around $100.00. Buy your brad nailer at Harbor Freight. They have one that will shoot up to 2" brads for $19.99. We have used them for the last few years in our home repair business and are very pleased with both the gun and compressor.

cm

cm

If you want it really portable, and will use it on nothing more than a finishing nailer, the little Senco is marvelous. Light, quiet, and rather cute; but not much capacity. It took me 5 minutes to add 5 psi to a SUV tire.

I have used HF and Dewalt nailers. The HF works okay, but just feels cheap; the Dewalt is nicer. Now, whether that translates into product life or whatever, I can't say.

Reply to
Toller

I picked up a Porter Cable kit, compressor brad and finish nailer. It was accidently marked down at the big orange store, and I love it. Small enough to be one person portable, but large enough to not cycle as much.

Oh, to sweeten the deal, PC had a mail in rebate for a air stapler too. :)

Just my option...

tom @

Tom The Great

I have the same kit, but it came with the stapler. I like it a lot, though it is quite noisy. I put it in the corner of my basement and plumbed 1/2" copper around the basement and out to the garage. I also put a connection by the stairs so with 50' of line I can reach anywhere in the house (I'm in the process of re-doing all my trim). It's rather nice to have air anywhere you need it. I've also added an HF framing nailer and a Bostich siding nailer from ebay.

Reply to
Keith Williams

You can add Bostich to the list too. The are all pretty good. I have Porter Cable.

This is a good deal, IMO.

Coastal Tool is a good outfit.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

That is a good deal. My kit, when purchased had only two guns and only a 25 foot hose and no canvas bag.

This deal has a 40 foot hose, one more gun and the bag.

-- Oren

Oren

Coastal is a better than good outfit. I used to go there back when they were in their old location in Hartford with less than zero parking and I hate places with crappy parking.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

For occasional use it's hard to beat Harbor Freight

Reply to
lwasserm

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:37:34 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@fellspt.charm.net () quickly quoth:

Yeah. I redid my soffit trim with one (on sale for $15) when I replaced some of my rotted fascia boards. (The lightweight spruce is sure nice!) I then bought their 1/4" crown stapler for $25. Both have performed well each time I've used them.

Their 1/2" crown stapler is TEN BUCKS right now on coupon special. It'd work better than the 1/4" for upholstery, so...here I go again.

------------------------------------------ Friends don't let friends read "Wired"

Reply to
Larry Jaques