Opening garage doors

Can a Genie garage-door opener with 12 DIP switches be operated by a "universal" remote control with 10 DIP switches? If "Yes", how do I match the DIP switches?
Yes, and I don't remember. My son did it.
--
Steve Barker

"gary" < snipped-for-privacy@co.riverside.ca.us> wrote in message
Flip the two extra switches off.

According to:
snipped-for-privacy@aaaremotes.com
A 10 DIP switch remote can NOT operate a 12 DIP switch opener. Both must have the same exact dip switches.