Open for suggestions on

a glazed tub that i got about 15 years ago. Great job, but now that I am in a senior stage, i fear of tripping in the tub as I shower. I almost did already. I was told by the installer at the time, not to put any of those decals that prevent slipping, cause it would eventually reveal the color that the tub was prior. Any suggestions please?

A non-slip mat would be a quick and inexpensive solution in the short term. Longer term, you might want to consider a bigger remodel and a walk-in shower (with seat).
My parents, in their 80's, went with the remodel after my Mom fell in the tub and broke her wrist (it pretty much shattered beyond repair). They consider that remodel the best investment they ever made.

may n ot get many offers in selling. i imagine not many people would be interested in a 'senior setup', especially young couples...thats my thought anyway.

I think that's a matter of design. In fact, my own home has a walk-in shower, with a ledge that can double as a seat. It definitely doesn't look like a 'senior setup'.
A good designer should be able to come up with something. Heck, you could even use a removable plastic seat and/or install some meaty handrails that can easily be swapped with some thinner and more stylish ones prior to sale.
No reason it needs to look like a public restroom for disabled persons. I don't think it would have to be horribly expensive either.
Your point is a valid one. But if you explain your requirements and concerns to one or two contractors, I think the chances are high they will be able to find a design that addresses those issues at a reasonable cost.
"Noel" wrote

You'd be suprised at how many of them will like such if it's done attractively. As a selling point, their parents can visit without fear <g>. Your problem will be is you remove the only tub and put in a shower only unit in it's place. That will badly detract from house value. If however you have 2 or more full bathrooms, and adapt *one* you increase house value. Be sure the one that would most likely be used for the kids, has a tub still.
"Noel" wrote

They also sell them in whole mats with suckers on the bottom.