open circuit

Page 3 of 3
On Wednesday, May 28, 2014 11:53:44 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

mped. I can't understand why the opposition to putting an actual light bul b on the breaker output to put the issue of a possible breaker problem to r est. Swapping out the breaker is probably the way to go, but the light bul b is 100% accurate. I have in my 78 years seen all sorts of phantom effect s like the OP is talking about, and the light bulb or some other actual loa d is the only guaranteed way to do this.
Good grief. He said he replaced the breaker with a new one and he also tried swapping breakers. That rules out the breaker.
On Wed, 28 May 2014 20:53:44 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net"
The idea of putting a lamp (loadf) right on the breaker is not a BAD idea - just un-necessary in determining if it is a bad breaker. If the breaker is bad and there is a load on the line, a non-contact indicator will show a dead circuit. The only thing it will NOT find is a combination of a dead breaker AND an open circuit. Not an impossibility, but it would be quite a coincidence.
On Thu, 29 May 2014 03:06:43 -0700 (PDT), Frank Thompson

ANd only 2 do not have power with that breaker off? And if not, they DO have power with the breaker on? Come on - what were the results of your testing??
On Thursday, May 29, 2014 11:52:12 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

That is correct, and there are only two on the circuit

No