Open Ceramic Piggy Banks

I have 2 kids with ceramic piggy banks. I'd like to get the money out to put in the bank to at least keep pace with inflation (I promise it is not beer money for me).

Is there anyway to open these with some kind of masonry bit without cracking them? The banks were gifts, and they're handy to collect loose change until it is time for a deposit. Thanks.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

Well this is going back a bit for me, but a butter knife stuck in the slot aligned the coins nicely for a quick small withdrawal! The ice cream truck coming down the block was the best inspiration for how to get a few sheckles out. To make a major withdrawal without cracking would take more time and energy and still might crack the whole mess than it might be worth. Get them ones with plugs already fit in the underside and the next size up?

Good luck, Rich

Reply to
Rich

A Dremel tool with a carbide or diamond disk will to it.

But the "butter knife" approach worked for me back when a nickel would buy me an ice cream cone.

Hell, now the sales tax on a cup of coffee costs me more than I used to pay for the coffee itself when I first started buying it!

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia