Ooops kitchen cieling down:(

Wife showering me making brownies, wondering why kitchen floor was wet, must of rained dogs tracked water in from outdoors. Look out window its dry:( Feel water on head:( Look up cieling buldging:(

Got out of way just as a section came down........

Wife yells whats going on? Lucky I wasnt under that spot, 10 years ago we redid kitchen and bath, put extra ceramic bath tiles In ciewling perhaps thru cl;oset access.

I pulled down the lose stuff, appear o have found leaky area although

60 year old copper waste lines covered with white deposits probably pinhole leaks.

Thus begins a new ill timed project:(

Wife wonders if homepowners will cover this? I dont think its orth turning in

Oh he brownies turned out OK, just put in oven before collapse

Reply to
hallerb

At least the brownies turned out. Fixing the ceiling is cheap compared to what you will end up with in the rest of the kitchen now that you have to get started.

I found a leak in a joint on my baseboard heat this morning. If curse, this is under the steps of a split entry. You know the place, where all the boxes for Christmas decorations are stored. Seems to be little or no serious damage, just a PITA.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yeah wife would love new kitchen and tear out wall:( This will be a patch job for now.

While the cieling is mucked up I might run new PEX line to toilet from basement so someone getting a shower doesnt get scalded if toilet is flushed

Reply to
hallerb

I certainly wouldn't consider it an insurance claim unless I was physically incapable of making repairs myself. DIY you're probably talking a few days and $100 in materials to repair as-was (no upgrades), your insurance would certainly cover it, but the increased premiums would be 10x that cost over time. Insurance is for catastrophic stuff like tornados.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

How many times do I have to say it

i before e except after c

say it with me hallerb i before e except after c i before e except after c i before e except after c

good job

Reply to
just me again

you must be a teacher:)

Wife says lets tear out walls and put in all new kitchen.........

WAY too costly right now

Reply to
hallerb

But then you have to weigh the cost to do it against the cost if you don't do it ;)

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

And perhaps add $25 into the remodeling project for a new computer keyboard. Looks like the old one got some water damage and the "T" and several other keys aren't working so well anymore!

Reply to
Mark

But not in weird words like "weird". (Or when sounded as "a", as in "neighbor" or "weigh".)

Reply to
clifto

Why do people assume that everybody who speaks/writes correct English must be a teacher???!!!

Reply to
aspasia